Ms Sally Mewies > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Ms Sally Mewies
Partner and Head of Technology Group
Sally joined Walker Morris as a partner in September 2019 to lead our Technology Group. She previously worked at an international law firm where she was a key partner in its Technology Group.
Sally has over 30 years’ experience of helping clients on their technology contracts. She is recognised as a leader in her field and has worked with many large retail and telecoms clients, as well as being ranked as a leading individual by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Technology is playing an increasingly important role in clients’ day-to-day operations and getting this advice right is critical. Sally’s experience of technology-related contracts means that she can guide clients through the jargon to secure an effective agreement where risk is identified, understood and properly managed.
The technology and digital practice group at Leeds firm Walker Morris LLP is headed by Sally Mewies; the team works with a range of major providers of software and technology services. The group handles a significant amount of complex contractual work, licensing deals, and cloud and SaaS contracts. James Crayton acts for both public and private sector clients on a wide range of technology matters, including IT outsourcings, whilst associate Malcolm Simpson is a key name for commercial disputes. Jeanette Burgess advises on data security work and information law. AI and blockchain matters also feature in the firm’s workload.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property