Ms Juliet Blanch > Arbitration Chambers > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Arbitration Chambers Offices
Lamb Building, 3rd Floor South
- Go to...
Ms Juliet Blanch
Independent International Arbitrator
Juliet Blanch is a full-time arbitrator having previously chaired the international dispute resolution practice at Weil, Gotshal & Manges. She has over 30 years’ experience in the arbitration of both international commercial and investment treaty disputes with a particular focus on regulatory, energy and infrastructure, mining, commodities, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, hospitality, maritime and shareholder disputes. Juliet has acted as lead Counsel and/or sat as arbitrator in arbitrations held under HKIAC, ICC, ICSID, LCIA, LMAA, SCC, SIAC, UNCITRAL and other rules and which have been seated in a variety of jurisdictions including London, Hong Kong, Paris, Singapore, Stockholm, Washington DC and Zurich. She has been appointed as arbitrator in over 100 international arbitrations, over 30 of which have been as presiding arbitrator.
- Vice President of the ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Former Board Director of the LCIA
- Chair of the International Arbitral Appointments Committee of the Scottish Arbitration Centre
- Immediate past chair of the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Committee of the IPBA
- Chair of the Review Committee of the Energy Arbitrators List
- Vice Chair of the Oil and Gas Arbitration Club
- Member of the Legal Advisory Task Force for the Energy Charter Treaty Secretariat
- Board member of the FDI Moot Advisory Board
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (Exeter University 1984)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading arbitrators)
Arbitration Chambers is a ‘very strong set‘ with ‘top draw’ arbitrators who ‘cover all the bases in terms of sector and regional experience and expertise‘. The set specialises in full-time arbitrators and is not affiliated with any barrister’s chambers. It has managed to carve out a strong niche in the field, with offices in Hong Kong, London and New York. Leading names include John Beechey CBE, the the former president of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Neil Kaplan, former Chairperson of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and judge in charge of the construction and arbitration list in the Hong Kong courts, Juliet Blanch, and Niels Schiersing, a leading Scandinavian arbitrator with strong links to the Asian and African markets.