Mr Eduardo Martinez > Martinez Vergara Gonzalez & Serrano > Manila, Philippines > Lawyer Profile
Martinez Vergara Gonzalez & Serrano Offices
33RD FLOOR, THE ORIENT SQUARE
F. ORTIGAS JR. ROAD, ORTIGAS CENTER
1600 PASIG CITY, METRO MANILA
- Go to...
Mr Eduardo Martinez
Dispute Resolution, ADR, Immigration, Intellectual Property
Mr. Martinez, Senior Partner, is the Head of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
He specializes in litigation, alternative dispute resolution, labor, and immigration, as well as legal proceedings involving family law and succession law cases. He has advised and represented clients in cases of adoption, annulment of marriage, legal separation and other domestic relations cases. He is also highly-immersed in succession law practice, having handled probates of will as well as intestate proceedings.
The extensive experience of Mr. Martinez as a litigator specifically allowed him to gain expertise in trial and appellate practice. At the same time, he is also a seasoned practitioner in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and even served as an Appeals Court mediator accredited by the Philippine Judicial Academy.
Some of the recent matters he handled include:
- Acted as counsel to a defendant universal Bank and its trust department in case filed by PDIC for specific performance involving Bank’s purchase of assets of defunct bank, and successfully secured a summary judgment in favor of the Bank, resulting in the release of multi-billion payment to the client Bank
- Represented an insurance company in proceedings before the Insurance Commission involving a multi-million all risk insurance claim
- Advised a real estate company in land dispute proceedings, complicated by estate proceedings, and successfully proposed a compromise agreement among parties for the high-value, strategically located property of the client
- Successfully defended properties of a long-time client of the Firm, resulting in dismissal of adverse claims filed before the trial court
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Martinez Vergara Gonzalez & Serrano is able to advise on a wide variety of major disputes, ranging from real estate and corporate matters to crime and sport-related issues. ‘Exceptional‘ practice head Eduardo Martinez is a specialist in family and private client law, advising on adoption, marriage annulment and other domestic relations cases, as well as probate of will and intestate proceedings. Martinez is also experienced in alternative dispute resolution and serves as an appeals court mediator. Reynaldo Dizon leads the employment group and handles arbitration disputes between employers and employees, often involving wrongful dismissal and monetary claims. Shirley Alinea is noted for corporate rehabilitation and liquidation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Labour and employment
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction