Olaf Trojan > Bird & Bird > The Hague, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Bird & Bird Offices
2596 AW DEN HAAG
- Go to...
Bird & Bird provides a wide range of litigation services, with a particular focus on the technology and media sectors, as well as a strong liability and insurance disputes practice. The firm is also highly recommended for matters spanning multiple jurisdictions, making use of its broad international network, both for mandates led from The Netherlands, and as local counsel in matters originating elsewhere. Evelyn Tjon-En-Fa heads the team and handles a wide range of litigation, in addition to being a Supreme Court litigator. Olaf Trojan is recommended for media and technology-related work.(Leading individuals)
Covering the full spectrum of advisory and litigious matters, the team at Bird & Bird counts such household names as Skyscanner, Fox Media and Warner Bros among its clients. On the contentious side, Olaf Trojan is the key contact for broad civil law matters, whilst co-head Paul Waszink leads in administrative law proceedings, such as enforcement proceedings or exemption requests. The firm’s expertise spans a wide range of matters, including copyright, collective rights, gaming, and content distribution. In recent highlights, the team defended T-Mobile in appeal proceedings launched by digital rights movement Bits of Freedom against a decision by the ACM.
Roelien van Neck, who jointly leads the team at Bird & Bird with Jeroen van der Lee, is hailed for being ‘in a class of her own‘. Olaf Trojan is also a name to note for his IT advisory and disputes work with a media industry slant. Wilfred Steenbruggen was recently promoted to senior counsel and the team’s associates, including Margot van der Veen, are also highly regarded. The team handles the full spectrum of projects spanning IT outsourcing work and issues relating to new technologies including the internet of things, XAAS (everything-as-a-service), AI and robotics.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Telecoms
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Commercial, corporate and M&a