Mr Tony Conaghan > Thomson Geer > Brisbane, Australia > Lawyer Profile
Thomson Geer Offices
LEVEL 28, WATERFRONT PLACE
1 EAGLE STREET
- Go to...
Mr Tony Conaghan
Intellectual Property; Dispute Resolution; Franchising
Tony Conaghan is a senior lawyer with more than 35 years’ experience in complex agreements and disputes, particularly across intellectual property (IP), information technology (IT), life sciences, and franchising.
Tony is the former Deputy Chair for Australia and former Queensland Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Law Council of Australia. He is a member of various professional organisations, including the American Bar Association, American Association of Intellectual Property Lawyers, the International Bar Association, Licensing Executives Society International, IPSANZ, and the International Franchise Association. Tony is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Tony is also a Notary Public.
- Former Queensland Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Law Council of Australia until 2018
- Former Deputy Chair for Australia of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Law Council of Australia until 2018
- Former Chair of the Queensland Law Society Franchise Committee until 2018
- American Bar Association (Forums on Franchising and Intellectual Property)
- International Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Licensing Executives Society International
- International Distribution Institute (Europe – only Australia legal correspondent)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- International Franchise Association
- Fellow Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Admitted to the Supreme Courts of QLD, NSW, VIC & NT, the Federal and High Courts and the National Court of Justice of Papua New Guinea
- First Mediator appointed in Queensland by the Office of Mediation Advisor and the Federal Minister under the Franchise Code of Conduct in 1996
- Master of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Graduate – Securities Institute of Australia
- Approved Mediator of Disputes by Queensland Law Society Inc
- Mediator appointed by the Office of Mediation Advisor and the Federal Minister under the Franchise Code of Conduct
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland