Mr Pranav Srivastava > Phoenix Legal > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Phoenix Legal Offices
1-3 floor, 254 ,
okhla phase 3
- Go to...
Mr Pranav Srivastava
Pranav is a partner based in the New Delhi office of the Firm and focusses his practice on infrastructure, power, oil and gas, EPC/ construction, life sciences, healthcare and technology (including IT and FinTech) sectors. In these sectors his practice comprises advising clients on transactional work as well as representing them on high-value commercial disputes.
His transactional experience includes advising clients on cross-border (both inbound and outbound) investments, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, appointment of contractors (including by conducting bidding processes) and general contracting work.
On the disputes side, he regularly represents clients on domestic arbitrations and international commercial arbitrations seated outside India including institution administered arbitrations.
Pranav has authored several publications and frequently speaks on a variety of topics in international fora. He is also an Officer at the International Bar Association.
Where trained: Phoenix Legal
Year qualified: 2011
Year made partner in present firm: April 2017
Awards and Citiations:
- A Recommended lawyer in Corporate M&A, Bankruptcy, Projects ranked by RSG Consulting 2019, he has been described as a “thorough” lawyer. Clients particularly appreciate his “eye for details”.
- Endorsed as a Leading Lawyer – Rising star in IFLR1000 2019.
- Awarded the Energy – Lawyer of the Year – India in the Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2018.
- Awarded the Foreign Investment – Lawyer of the Year – India in the Finance Monthly Legal Awards 2019 .
- Asialaw Profile 2018 reports that Pranav is “methodical, detailed and highly dependable”.
Publications of note:
- Authored numerous articles and papers published by “Private placement under the (new) Companies Act 2013: sea change to the earlier regime“, International Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Public and Professional Interest Division Newsletter, Volume 20 No. 2, October 2014.
- Authored, “Swimming with land sharks: property transactions and ethics“, International Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Public and Professional Ethics Division Newsletter, June 2014.
- Authored, “Options attached to FDI instruments issued to foreign investors in India: policy liberalization or more confusion?“, International Bar Association, Asia Pacific Regional Forum Newsletter, April 2014.
- Authored, “New Indian Company Law – Eroding The Concept Of A Private Company?“, Financier Worldwide Magazine, February 2014.
- Authored, “Foreign direct investment in India: a legal charade“, International Bar Association, Asia Pacific Regional Forum Newsletter, September 2013.
Hindi & English
- National Representatives Officer and Asia-Pacific Liaison Officer at the Young Lawyers’ Committee of the International Bar Association.
- President (Noida Chapter) of the Indian Law Association.
- Member-Bar Council of Delhi and is licensed to practice in the Union of India.
B.A. LL.B. (Honours), Amity Law School, New Delhi (Affiliated to GGSIP University, Delhi) (2011)
Post Graduate Diploma in Securities and Banking Laws, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi (2011)