Mrinal Ojha > Phoenix Legal > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Phoenix Legal Offices
1-3 floor, 254 ,
okhla phase 3
- Go to...
Mrinal, a partner based in the firm’s Delhi office, focusses on the firm’s dispute resolution practice. Mrinal has advised and represented Indian and overseas clients in a wide variety of contentious matters across various sectors including FMCG, infrastructure, energy, automotive, pharmaceutical, insurance and reinsurance, sports management and broadcasting. Mrinal has handled high-value and complex matters relating to jurisdictions including Switzerland, United Kingdom, Greece, South Africa, Syria, Zambia, Singapore, UAE, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Mrinal has spoken on various legal issues at events organised by the Global Arbitration Review (GAR Live, Singapore); Corporate Counsel Forum (Singapore); Society of Women Lawyers (India); OP Jindal Global University with the Zicklin Centre for Research on Business Ethics at the Wharton School; Bombay Chambers of Commerce and Industry; the Indian Merchant Chambers; and the National Insurance Academy, India.
Awards and Citations
- Mrinal Ojha is praised for his excellent work and is a strong presence in court.” – Insurance Reinsurance 2016: Analysis
- Mrinal has previously been recognised by The Legal 500: Asia Pacific as an “exemplary and focused” lawyer and cited in the 2015 and 2016 edition of the Who’s Who Legal, and the 2016 edition of Global Law Experts.
- He has recently been ranked by IFLR1000 as notable practitioner in India jurisdiction.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018 says: Mrinal Ojha is a “great litigator” in the field who is “well versed with insurance principles”, according to commentators.
- Who’s Who Legal quotes him as ‘a top-tier litigator, known for his adept handling of complex and high-value disputes.’
Tuli & Co: Associate (2004-2006)
Trilegal: Sr.Associate (2006-2009)
Tuli & Co: Partner (2010-2012)
Khaitan & Sud Partners: Partner (2012-2015)
Year qualified: 2002
Year made partner in present firm: January 2015
Publications of note:
Mrinal has contributed to a book, “Enforcing Arbitral Awards in India” published by Lexis Nexis.
Member of the Bar Council of Delhi (2002)
Mayo College- (1989-1996)
B.A. (Economics), University of Pune (1996-1999)
Dulwich College- 1995
LL.B., Campus Law Centre Delhi University- (1999-2002)
Diploma in Cyber Laws, the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
India > Dispute resolution(Leading individuals)
Phoenix Legal’s ‘resourceful‘ litigation practice has strength in complex competition law and economic crime mandates, including those concerning alleged cartel activity, in addition to a track record of handling corporate, civil and white-collar crime matters throughout India’s court circuit and notable expertise in debt recovery matters. The ‘brilliant‘ Mrinal Ojha handles commercial disputes in a diverse range of sectors in India’s high courts and the Supreme Court, and has additional expertise in insurance disputes. Recently, he successfully represented a federation of 4 Indian airlines in a challenge to the order for the conversion of all vehicles at Delhi airport to run on compressed natural gas fuel.