Mr Siddharth Hariani > Phoenix Legal > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Phoenix Legal Offices
1-3 floor, 254 ,
okhla phase 3
- Go to...
Mr Siddharth Hariani
Real Estate and Private Equity
Siddharth, a partner based in the Mumbai office, focusses on the firm’s corporate and real estate practice and has vast experience in corporate and commercial transactions, private equity, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and venture capital funding transactions.
Siddharth has been involved in representing and advising various participants in the real estate sector; investee companies and investors, property developers, buyers, lessors, lessees, and funds. Siddharth’s expertise lies in a host of matters which include advice on foreign direct investment in the real estate sector, structuring investments, acquisition, and development, due diligence on immovable properties, and negotiating leases.
Awards and Citation
- Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific states that clients consider Siddharth to be “very responsive, meet the deadlines and absolutely fair value for money”. It adds that “His greatest strength is his ability to understand the spirit of the deal. He’s commercially minded and keeps the interests of the investors in mind”.
- Recommended by Chambers & Partners (Asia Pacific) as a Recognized Practitioner, Real Estate.
- Consistently recommended as Leading Lawyer Corporate /M&A: Asialaw Leading Lawyer Survey since 2015.
- Recommended Lawyer by Legal500 in Real estate & construction and Corporate/ M&A
- CLP India Private Limited on its acquisition of two solar power projects from Suzlon Energy Limited.
- Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (part of the Reliance Group) on sale of its radio and television business to Zee Media.
- Advised on debt and equity investments in the real estate sector for HDFC Capital Advisors Limited, a real estate AIF fund, IL&FS Real Estate Fund, and debt financing for Piramal Capital & Housing Finance Limited.
- Joulon, an asset management platform in the energy sector set up by global fund KKR, as a lead counsel on the acquisition of various companies across different jurisdictions, including Sara SAE Private Limited, Harris Pye Engineering Group, OES Group, Global Offshore, and Marine Group, Derrick Services (UK), amongst others.
- Kodak Alaris on the Indian leg of acquisition of 2 lines of businesses from Kodak under the bankruptcy settlement.
- Godrej Properties Limited, on conducting diligence and entering into development management agreements and development agreements in connection with the development of residential projects in Mumbai.
- IL&FS Energy and NCC Infrastructure, on sale of hydro-energy power plant (Himachal Sorang Power) to TAQA Jyoti Energy.
Year Qualified: 2004
Year Made Partner in Present Firm: 2011.
The Bar Council of Maharashtra
Indo-Belgium Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce and Industries
British Business Group
Main Secondary School attended: Navrachana School, Baroda, 1997
Universities and colleges attended: Government Law College, Mumbai University, 2004
Degrees and qualifications with years attained: LL.B., Mumbai University, 2004
Accounting Technician, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Travel & Sports.
Phoenix Legal advises on commercial real estate leasing and other corporate transactions. Large multinational retailers, telecoms companies and other corporates instruct Saket Shukla, Siddharth Hariani and Manjula Chawla on site acquisitions and long-term leases in prime commercial locations. The team also acts for investment funds on their investments into real estate projects across India.