Ms Ritika Ganju > Phoenix Legal > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Phoenix Legal Offices
1-3 floor, 254 ,
okhla phase 3
- Go to...
Ms Ritika Ganju
Corporate and M&A, Anti-Trust and Competition
Ritika is a partner based in the New Delhi office of the firm and focuses her practice on Corporate and M&A, Competition, and Compliance matters.
Ritika has over 10 years of experience in primarily advising, assisting and representing well renowned multi-national companies in a wide range of merger and acquisitions, commercial transactions including joint ventures, foreign investment into India, corporate restructuring and regulatory matters across various business sectors such as automotive, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, food and beverage and information technology.
She regularly advises clients on wide array of general corporate advisory matters ranging from advice on company law, employment-related issues, contract law, competition law, foreign exchange regulations, anti-bribery laws, and sector-specific regulations. She has assisted some of the well-established foreign companies to enter India and lends day to day support to the subsidiaries of the said foreign companies in India on corporate and legal matters.
Ritika regularly advises clients on wide array of general corporate advisory matters ranging from advice on company law, employment-related issues, contract law, competition law, foreign exchange regulations, anti-bribery laws, and sector-specific regulations. She has assisted some of the well-established foreign companies to enter India and lends day to day support to the subsidiaries of the said foreign companies in India on corporate and legal matters.
- Represented and advised Kameda Seika Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese rice snack manufacturer and listed on Tokyo stock exchange, on its joint venture with LT Foods Ltd, one of the India’s well-known rice manufacturers.
- Represented and advised a renowned automotive group and one of leaders in emissions controls systems in India, on its two joint ventures with technology companies based in US and Belgium, respectively.
- Represented and advised a US based online marketplace company on its various commercial contracts and employee related matters.
- Advised some of the major players amongst the automotive manufacturers on regulatory and compliance matters from time to time.
- Advised a Switzerland based healthcare company on compliance matters, specifically relating to anti-bribery issues.
- Advised Tokai Rubber Industries Co., Ltd. (now Sumitomo Riko), a leading Japanese manufacturer of automotive parts, in setting up its subsidiary in India and joint venture with its Indian partner, Imperial Auto Industries Ltd.
- Represented Ford Motor Credit Company LLC on setting up its business operations (a non-banking financial company) in India.
Where trained: Phoenix Legal
Year qualified: 2006
Year made partner in the present firm: April 2017
Publications of note:
Ritika has been contributing for several years to the World Bank’s Doing Business in India project and has been actively involved in discussions with the Ministry of Law & Justice with an agenda to improve India’s ranking.
She has also recently contributed to the Chapter on “India Automotive” published by Getting The Deal Through, a well-known publication of Law Business Research Limited, UK.
Ritika is a regular contributor to the Asian Mena Counsel Magazine, a publication for an inhouse community-based in HongKong. Some of the recent features authored by her include “The single economic unit defence” published in the Competition & Anti-Trust Special report (2016); “CCI rulings in the e-commerce sector: paving the pathway for a virtual marketplace” (2016); and “M & A Booster– New Companies Act has it all easy and clean” (2015).
She has also contributed regularly to the Indian Business Law Journal. Some of the most recent features in IBLJ are “CCI discusses factors that led to record high penalty” (2017); and “RBI regulations for startups a boost for entrepreneurs” (2016).
She also co-authored the publication ‘Outline of recent SEC Enforcement Actions July, 2008’, a report prepared by U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington DC, during her externship with the SEC in 2008.
She has contributed to some other renowned publications as well including Financer Worldwide (UK) and Mondaq.
Hindi and English
- Member- Bar Council of Delhi since 2006.
- Licensed to practice in all courts/ tribunals in the Union of India.
- Admitted to practice in the state of New York, USA.
Delhi University: B. A Economic Hons (2000-2003)
Delhi University: LLB, Law (2003-2006)
Georgetown University Law Centre: LLM, Securities and Financial Regulations (2007-2008) Admitted to practice in New York and India