Samuel Wee > Yusarn Audrey > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Yusarn Audrey Offices
24 RAFFLES PLACE
27-01 CLIFFORD CENTRE
- Go to...
Intellectual Property Department and Dispute Resolution Department
Partner in Dispute Resolution Department and Intellectual Property Department
Mr. Samuel Wee is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Department and Intellectual Property Department of Yusarn Audrey.
Samuel has wide experience in general commercial litigation, with particular focus on complex probate matters, commercial tenancy disputes, employment disputes, insolvency matters and intellectual property disputes. He advises clients on the relevant legal issues and strategy to be adopted, including complex cases which have international elements requiring advice and coordination on multi-jurisdictional strategy and related affairs.
Samuel also acts for and advises clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property related matters involving copyrights, patents, registered designs and trade marks. He also handles the registration and prosecution of trade marks and designs, and advises on intellectual property-related agreements.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Wills, Probate and Administration
- Acting for a high net worth individual to defend and challenge claims before the Singapore High Court in excess of US$4 billion made by a company listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange
- Assisting a Hong Kong businessman to defend and challenge claims before the Singapore High Court amounting to approximately S$71 million that were made by a global bank against him pursuant to a personal bank guarantee
- Acting for the liquidators of a commodities firm in the management of the company’s affairs and in the first reported case in Singapore of an assignment by a liquidator to a third party litigation funder of assets valued at approximately S$50 million (Solvadis Commodity Chemicals Gmbh v Affert Resources Pte Ltd  5 SLR 1337)
- Assisting in defending a Statutory Board against a patent infringement claim where the Plaintiff’s estimated value of damages sought was S$25 million
- Acting for the liquidators of a commodities firm in the setting aside of undervalue transactions relating to receivables of approximately S$23 million
- Assisting the judicial managers of a major shipping firm to obtain a post-judgment worldwide Mareva injunction from the Singapore High Court against an India-incorporated wholesale trader of coal in respect of approximately S$11 million of the company’s assets
- Acting for the executor for an estate in relation to claims by the estate against third parties for the sale of an immovable property worth approximately S$5 million (UJT v JUR  4 SLR 931)
- Acting for the subsidiary of a listed company in enforcing its legal rights in relation to tenancy disputes in sums exceeding S$3 million
- Advising a Statutory Board in relation to the potential infringement of its trade marks in Singapore by an international pharmaceutical company
- Assisting a local construction company in preparing an application for an urgent injunction from the Singapore High Court to prevent a third party from calling on a performance bond
- Acting for a Singapore partnership in relation to disputes arising out of loan agreements and investment agreements in excess of S$300,000
- Acting for a Singapore marine and engineering company in obtaining injunctions and damages for trade mark infringement and passing off
- Acting for a Singapore marine and engineering company in garnishing the sale proceeds of a writ of seizure and sale held by the bailiff
- Acting for a Singapore food and beverage company in relation to its trade mark disputes in various countries with a UK multi-national corporation
- Advising and managing a wide variety of local and international clients in the managing of their global intellectual property portfolios (including conducting intellectual property audits)
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including assignment agreements, franchise agreements, funding agreements, guarantees and indemnities, license agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Advocacy Tutor, National University of Singapore
- Advocacy Tutor, Part B Advocacy Training
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Volunteer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme
Samuel graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons). While at NUS, Samuel participated in an international negotiation competition held in Copenhagen where his team were finalists. He was also on the Dean’s List in his final year at NUS.