Ed Husband > VWV > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
NARROW QUAY HOUSE, NARROW QUAY
- Go to...
The energy and utilities team at VWV includes energy disputes specialist Ed Husband and planning and infrastructure expert David Bird, who advises clients on new pipelines and the enforcement of rights in relation to existing pipelines. Jason Prosser leads the group, whose expertise includes energy plants, combined heat and power plants, commercial biomass installations, district heating systems, wind farms, solar farms and energy performance contracting. Commercial partner Edward Rimmell is another key figure.
At VWV, insolvency litigation is a cornerstone of the practice, with the team acting both for and against office holders. Other work includes advising a number of energy suppliers on supply chain insolvency issues, as well as handling restructurings in the charity and education sector. The team is led by the ‘calm but firm’ Ed Husband, who has specialised in insolvency and restructuring work for 20 years. Associate Kelly Johnson is ‘diligent and attentive to detail’.
VWV is particularly well-known for representing clients in the energy and utilities sector in debt recovery matters; its track record dates back more than 30 years. In addition, the firm acts for administrators and liquidators, as well as companies entering insolvency. The education sector is another driver of work. The key name in Bristol is Ed Husband, who works closely with the Birmingham office. Husband is active in financial distress disputes, business breakdown and insolvency, and also energy sector debt recovery.
VWV provides litigation support in relation to general corporate and commercial disputes, and is particularly active in procurement, energy and utilities, charities and healthcare matters. Its excellent reputation ensures that it generates work from regional and national clients. Ed Husband, who leads the UK team from the Bristol office, has particular expertise in disputes related to financial distress and business breakdown.
- Debt recovery - South West > Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - South West > Finance
- Commercial litigation: Bristol - South West > Dispute resolution
- Energy - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy