Helen Young > Debenhams Ottaway > St Albans, England > Lawyer Profile
Debenhams Ottaway Offices
107 ST PETERS STREET
- Go to...
Helen is a partner and the head of the family team. Helen undertakes a wide variety of family work for local, UK and international clients including all aspects of divorce work, pre-nuptial agreements, living together deeds and issues involving children of separating couples. She specialises in financial disputes and settlements between couples.
Trained at Dowse & Co, London and qualified in 1989; Joined Turner & Debenhams (now Debenhams Ottaway) and made partner in 2004.
Advanced Tier of Law Society Family Law Panel; Hertfordshire Collaborative Group (committee member); Hertfordshire Resolution (committee member); National Resolution.
Heathfield Senior High School, Gateshead; Nottingham University (1986 LLB (Hons)).
Helen enjoys walking, cycling, reading and football.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘well-established and well-respected‘ family team at Debenhams Ottaway has strength in depth in high-value financial disputes, divorce and separation proceedings involving children, as well as expertise in prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Practice lead Helen Young specialises in complex financial settlements, often involving family businesses and overseas assets. Natalie Lester handles divorce and separation matters involving issues concerning child arrangements. Helen Clyne focuses on sensitive children matters.
- Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate