Yagmur Ekici > Bindmans LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bindmans LLP Offices
236 GRAY'S INN ROAD
- Go to...
Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
Partner, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
Yagmur advises and represents individuals in a wide range of personal injury and medical negligence cases. She has a particular interest in head injuries, psychological trauma, complex orthopaedic injuries, fatal accident cases and tricky quantum issues. She also works with the partners at Bindmans on a number of personal injury and clinical negligence cases involving death and catastrophic injuries at birth.
Yagmur joined Bindmans LLP in 2011, and qualified as a solicitor in June 2013.
English and Turkish.
Yagmur is a member of Future First and takes part in encouraging younger students from less advantaged backgrounds to have access to professions such as Law.
Yagmur graduated from the University of York with a BSc in Psychology in 2009 before completing the GDL at BPP Law School the following year.
Yagmur climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in September 2015 to raise money for the North West London branch of Headway, a charity helping those with acquired head injuries and also ran a half marathon in March 2019 to raise money for Headway. She volunteers at Brent Citizens Advice Bureau’s Personal Injury clinic to provide free legal advice to people living in North West London, and is a black belt in Shotokan karate.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The offering at Bindmans LLP is led by ‘veteran‘ Jon Crocker, and exclusively acts on claims involving catastrophic or very serious injury. The key types of claim which the team is experienced in dealing with usually involve road traffic and workplace accidents, which regularly lead to brain, spinal and orthopaedic injuries, as well as debilitating and complex pain conditions; its cases also regularly have cross-jurisdictional elements. In addition, the team works on sensitive psychiatric injury causation cases, for both primary and secondary victims; ‘natural leader‘ Alla Murphy has particular expertise in this area. ‘Really excellent personal injury lawyer’ Yagmur Ekici, who specialises in head injury, psychological trauma, fatal accident and difficult quantum cases, is one to watch in the team.
Jon Crocker leads the highly specialised team at Bindmans LLP with ‘warmth and dedication’. The firm’s caseload is formed of solely catastrophic and very serious injury, often of high value, including cases involving psychiatric injury and pain; preventable suicide attempts; limb amputations; and complex child and adult head injuries, with particular expertise in hypoglycaemia leading to brain injury at birth. The firm itself is human rights-focused and this unique perspective permeates into its clinical negligence work. Yagmur Ekici is described as a ‘real star’, while Siobhan Kelly is singled out as ‘exceptional’. Notably, Alla Murphy was successful in obtaining settlement for gambling losses as part of a claim, an issue for which there was no set precedent.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Next Generation Partners - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline