Mr Gilbert Gan > Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) Offices
LEVEL 19, MENARA MILENIUM
PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Gilbert Gan
Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co. and heads the firm’s Corporate Finance & Securities practice group. He is recognised as one of Malaysia’s top 100 lawyers by Asia Business Law, and is regarded by the International Financial Law Review, Chambers & Partners and Asia Law Profiles as a leading lawyer. The Asia Pacific Legal 500 has described him as a first-class practitioner.
Corporate exercises undertaken include:
- Take-Overs and Mergers of public companies including reverse take-overs, and Sales and Acquisitions of private companies and businesses.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Listings and other equity capital raising on Bursa Malaysia and regional stock exchanges, including Due Diligence.
- Exchange Traded Derivatives such as Structured Warrants.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Unit Trusts and other Collective Investment Fund schemes.
- Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investments.
Gilbert joined the firm as partner in 2008. Before joining the firm, he worked abroad in one of Singapore’s largest law firms and subsequently in a Malaysian boutique corporate law firm.
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Advocate and solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), National University of Singapore
- Notary Public, Malaysia
Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) advise on a wide range of capital markets transactions, including bond issues, debt programmes, IPOs, right and placement issues and equity and equity-linked derivatives like structured warrants and exchange traded funds. The department is a go-to firm for the establishment and structuring of funds, with experience in unit trusts and REITs, VC, PE and mezzanine funds and regulatory advice on onshore and offshore funds. The team is also recommended for assisting with compliance, product design, structuring and operation of Islamic financial products. Managing partner Gilbert Gan heads the corporate and finance and securities practice group; Lilian Liew and Chin Sook Kwan jointly lead the debt capital markets and structured finance practice.
The corporate and M&A practice at Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) stands out for its experience in the media, communications and technology sectors, and is highly regarded for transactions in these industries as well as for e-commerce and digitalisation advice. The department handles a broad range of corporate and commercial work, including M&A, joint ventures, restructuring, insolvency and general advisory; compliance and governance is another stand-out area. Managing partner Gilbert Gan leads the team alongside Tan Wooi Hong, Idahani Ismas Ismail, Jonathan Lim, Ang Siak Keng, Chua Wei Min, Ahmad Zulkharnain Musa and Nadarashnaraj Sargunaraj.