Mr Gilbert Gan > Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) Offices
LEVEL 19, MENARA MILENIUM
PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Gilbert Gan
Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co. and heads the firm’s Corporate Finance & Securities practice group. He is recognised as one of Malaysia’s top 100 lawyers by Asia Business Law, and is regarded by the International Financial Law Review, Chambers & Partners and Asia Law Profiles as a leading lawyer. The Asia Pacific Legal 500 has described him as a first-class practitioner.
Corporate exercises undertaken include:
- Take-Overs and Mergers of public companies including reverse take-overs, and Sales and Acquisitions of private companies and businesses.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Listings and other equity capital raising on Bursa Malaysia and regional stock exchanges, including Due Diligence.
- Exchange Traded Derivatives such as Structured Warrants.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Unit Trusts and other Collective Investment Fund schemes.
- Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investments.
Gilbert joined the firm as partner in 2008. Before joining the firm, he worked abroad in one of Singapore’s largest law firms and subsequently in a Malaysian boutique corporate law firm.
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Advocate and solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), National University of Singapore
At Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law), Gilbert Gan handles foreign direct investments, Chua Wei Min specialises in cross border work, Ahmad Zulkharnain Musa caters for equity capital markets, Wooi Hong Tan pursues foreign investments, Nadarashnaraj Sargunaraj is expert in competition law, Idahani Ismas Ismail is known for her work in the automotive sector and Ang Siak Keng has a strong reputation in M&A. The Campbell Soup Company and IHS Markit are among the team’s key clients which the firm assists with retail distribution agreements, licensing arrangements, franchising matters and e-commerce transactions. Stephanie Choong Siu Wei is the name to note for ‘routes to market’ projects.
Both debt and equity capital market issues are handled by the team at Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law). Covering both domestic and cross-border cases, it handles bond issues (high yield, convertible and exchangeable), debt programmes, initial public offerings and equity (as well as equity linked) derivatives such as structured warrants and exchange traded funds. Where required, these matters are pursued in conventional or Islamic parameters with relevant adjustments made for compliance, product design, structuring and documentation (a recent highlight being SD International Sukuk’s issuance of a high yield sukuk based on the principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar). Recommended lawyers: Gilbert Gan, Lilian Liew, Wooi Hong Tan , Ahmad Zulkharnain Musa, Idahani Ismas Ismail and Ang Siak Keng.