Mr Siak Keng Ang > Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law) Offices
LEVEL 19, MENARA MILENIUM
PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Siak Keng Ang
Ang Siak Keng is a partner in the firm’s regional Corporate Commercial practice group. He also leads a team of Corporate Commercial partners operating from the Penang office covering a full suite of corporate and commercial-related practice areas including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, debt and corporate restructuring, private equity, venture capital, real estate and property development, corporate finance and banking, competition and antirust, commercial regulatory compliance and employment.
Ang’s personal area of focus is mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investments and equity capital markets. He has led numerous domestic and cross-border transactions relating to private acquisitions and divestments, public takeovers, IPOs and private fund/capital raising, and has assisted numerous multinationals, foreign investors (especially China-SOEs) and leading domestic businesses in structuring their Greenfield investments including negotiating joint venture and strategic alliance and developing boutique commercial arrangements. Ang’s commercial experience spans across many industry spaces including, IT, telecommunications, manufacturing, education and healthcare.
Together with his team, Ang also regularly advises financial institutions, multinationals and property developers on structuring their credit and financing facilities (including multi-jurisdictional, syndicated and offshore loans) and the acquisition, disposal, lease and management of their real estate assets.
- Advised a China-SOE on a joint venture with a Malaysian private entity for the development of reclaimed land in Penang Island valued at MYR1.1billion
- Advised a Malaysian property developer in its cross-border restructuring and listing on the SGX Catalist market with a market capitalisation of SGD200million
- Advised a US-based global dairy franchise on its reverse takeover of a Malaysian Bursa-listed company at a valuation of MYR310million
- Advised a public-listed company on its acquisition of a state telecommunication infrastructure and back-end services provider for MYR222million
- Represented a webhosting service provider, as lead counsel, on its acquisition of an Indonesian webhosting service provider at a valuation of IDR65billion
- Advised a lighting technology multinational on a two-phase disposal of land and government-lease (simultaneously with a leaseback) valued at MYR180million to a public listed-REIT including structuring interim acquisition options for capital markets law and local authority regulatory compliance
- Represented founders of webhosting company on their divestment of ~40% stake to a government-linked investment fund at enterprise value of MYR150million
- Advised a consortium of corporate purchasers, guarantors and security providers on their joint acquisition of agriculture land together with a simultaneous and multi-tiered back-to-back sale with seven purchasers for MYR300million
- Advised an investment holding group on the takeover and privatisation of its public-listed company for MYR110million and its attendant share capital restructuring
- Advised a public-listed company in its financial reconstruction programme consisting of capital and debt restructuring (including negotiation of debt settlement with creditors) and fresh fund raising and acquisition of ongoing business valued at MYR55million
- Advised a theme park operator in its cross-border restructuring and listing on the SGX Catalist market with a market capitalisation of SGD30million
- Represented founders and medical professionals of an aesthetic specialist medical centre on the disposal of its business at a valuation of MYR30million
- Advised an Australian university on a joint venture for the establishment of its foreign branch campus in Malaysia
- Advised a public-listed entity on its investment into a private international education group valued at MYR32million
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (1996)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from University of Melbourne, Australia (1995)
Both debt and equity capital market issues are handled by the team at Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law). Covering both domestic and cross-border cases, it handles bond issues (high yield, convertible and exchangeable), debt programmes, initial public offerings and equity (as well as equity linked) derivatives such as structured warrants and exchange traded funds. Where required, these matters are pursued in conventional or Islamic parameters with relevant adjustments made for compliance, product design, structuring and documentation (a recent highlight being SD International Sukuk’s issuance of a high yield sukuk based on the principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar). Recommended lawyers: Gilbert Gan, Lilian Liew, Wooi Hong Tan , Ahmad Zulkharnain Musa, Idahani Ismas Ismail and Ang Siak Keng.
At Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICO Law), Gilbert Gan handles foreign direct investments, Chua Wei Min specialises in cross border work, Ahmad Zulkharnain Musa caters for equity capital markets, Wooi Hong Tan pursues foreign investments, Nadarashnaraj Sargunaraj is expert in competition law, Idahani Ismas Ismail is known for her work in the automotive sector and Ang Siak Keng has a strong reputation in M&A. The Campbell Soup Company and IHS Markit are among the team’s key clients which the firm assists with retail distribution agreements, licensing arrangements, franchising matters and e-commerce transactions. Stephanie Choong Siu Wei is the name to note for ‘routes to market’ projects.