Regina Liew > Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP Offices
9 STRAITS VIEW
MARINE ONE WEST TOWER #06-07
- Go to...
Head, Financial Institutions Group
Regina heads the firm’s specialist Financial Institutions Group. She advises banks, financial intermediaries, commodities firms, traders, market makers, investment advisers, market infrastructure institutions, insurance companies, payment providers and fintech firms on setting up and structuring their businesses, and liaises regularly with regulators in her work. Her expertise spans various products and services including securities, futures, foreign exchange, commodities, OTC derivatives, insurance, lending, payment solutions and their documentation. She also advises on enforcement matters and related investigations, and acts on mergers and acquisitions and other transactional matters relating to financial institutions and businesses.
Singapore > Financial services regulatory: local firms
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP has ‘a good level of experience and broad knowledge‘ in the area of financial services, derivatives and structured products. Key clients include regulators, global banks, brokers, funds, insurers and fintech businesses. Fintech specialist Regina Liew also assists with licensing and regulatory clearances and regulator enforcement actions. Larry Lim also advises on a wide range of fintech-related matters, including the launch of cryptocurrencies and a wide range of issues covering banking, securities, derivatives, commodities and payment systems.
Singapore > Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms(Leading individuals)
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP is an established player in derivatives and structured products, including listed and unlisted derivatives, and both exchange-traded derivatives and OTC derivatives. The team is well-entrenched into the regulatory field and has an impressive record in representing banks and financial institutions, corporates, clearing houses and exchanges. Regina Liew leads the financial institutions group and has extensive derivatives experience.
Singapore > Banking and finance: local firms
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP is at the forefront of cross-border financings, including a significant portion of transactions under English law; the banking and finance team has a number of English- and foreign-qualified lawyers. It remains active in real estate and REIT financings, has a fine standing in financial services regulatory matters, is a growing presence in fintech, and is further developing its client base of local, regional and international banks. The highly rated Angela Lim continues to draw accolades, while Regina Liew is noted for financial services regulatory and fintech. Terence Choo and Nicholas How are also highly rated.
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms - Singapore
- Financial services regulatory: local firms - Singapore
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms - Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- TMT: local firms