Winston Kwek > Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP Offices
9 STRAITS VIEW
MARINE ONE WEST TOWER #06-07
- Go to...
Partner, Shipping & International Trade
Winston advises on international trade and transportation, including aspects of ship construction, sales, operation, charters and insurance, having taught marine insurance law as an Adjunct Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore for 13 years. He is the preferred counsel for financial institutions when it comes to ‘workouts’, be it restructuring or enforcement. Winston is recognised for “getting the work done with the minimum fuss”, and is highly recommended by clients due to his “overwhelming experience and ability to put in that little bit extra to tip the balance in a case”.
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP has ‘excellent breadth of expertise‘ in corporate shipping and finance, advising local and international ship financing banks, on bilateral and syndicated shipping loans. The sizeable team is also involved in major shipping insolvencies, ship arrests, charterparties and cargo claims and maritime casualties. Key figures include Toh Kian Sing, SC, who chairs the shipping and international trade practice, and Chua Choon King and Winston Kwek, who are key names for ship finance. Leong Kah Wah and Jainil Bhandari have extensive courtroom experience as counsel in maritime and trade arbitrations.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- TMT: local firms