Vikna Rajah > Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP Offices
9 STRAITS VIEW
MARINE ONE WEST TOWER #06-07
- Go to...
Head, Tax, Private Client
Vikna Rajah is recognised as a leading lawyer in both Tax and Trust & Private Client practices. He, who also has a degree in accountancy, is praised in the legal directories as being an “experienced litigator” with “extensive tax knowledge”, who is “an extremely intelligent man” and is “excellent to work with”. He also combines “very deep technical expertise with acute commercial acumen", while "carefully listening to his clients and putting himself in their shoes”.
Vikna won “Private Client Lawyer of the Year” at The Asia Legal Awards 2017 and is recognised as one of the world’s Top 250 Private Client Lawyers by Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite 2018 and one of the world’s Leading Experts in Private Client Practice by Who’s Who Legal 2017. He is also ranked as a Leading Individual for Private Wealth by both The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 and the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2018. The Private Wealth Practice which he leads is also ranked Band 1 by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018.
Vikna led the Tax Practice to clinch Singapore’s Tax Disputes and Litigation Firm of the Year by the International Tax Review 2017 and he is ranked Tier 1 for Tax by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 and a leading tax lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2018. Aside from being recognised by the Singapore Business Review 2015 as one of Singapore’s Top 40 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under, Vikna was also one of Prestige Singapore’s 40 Under 40 (2017), being heralded as one of the “movers and shakers and the dream makers to watch”.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP handles a growing volume of family office applications, continuing to represent a large number of ultra-high-net-worth individuals in Asia and leveraging strong connections to private banks. The team has an extensive track record in succession planning and has deep tax expertise thanks to the presence of key partner Vikna Rajah. Chandra Mohan Rethnam co-heads the private client team and is noted for handling high-net-worth divorce proceedings and probate and trusts disputes. Kee Lay Lian leads the family law practice.
Full-service firm Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP brings multidisciplinary strength to its tax practice, enabling it to provide local and cross-border tax advisory, transactional tax and tax dispute expertise. Key areas of work include goods and services, stamp duty and property tax. Tax disputes specialist Vikna Rajah leads the team.
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Tax: local firms
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms - Singapore
- Tax: local firms - Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms