Deepak Pillai > Christopher & Lee Ong > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Christopher & Lee Ong Offices
LEVEL 22, AXIATA TOWER NO. 9, JALAN STESEN SENTRAL 5
KUALA LUMPUR SENTRAL, 50470
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Partner, Christopher & Lee Ong, Malaysia
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Data Protection & Privacy
Deepak heads Christopher & Lee Ong’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications, and Data Privacy & Protection Practice Group. He has been practising exclusively in the areas of Technology & Telecommunications law and Data Protection since 1997 and is acknowledged as a leading Technology & Telecommunications lawyer in Malaysia.
Deepak advises clients on matters relating to IT contracts, electronic commerce, online financial services, outsourcing, telecommunications, IT security, data protection and digital media.
He advises a wide array of international, private and public sector clientele in addressing the commercial, regulatory and policy issues relating to information and communications technology law, ranging from negotiating complex information technology contracts to advising public sector agencies on proposed technology related legislation and policies.
- Chairman, Ad-hoc Committee on Data Protection, Bar Council, Malaysia
- Member, IT and Cyberlaw Committee, Bar Council, Malaysia
- Panellist for Domain Name Disputes, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Associate member, The National ICT Association of Malaysia (PIKOM)
- Member, the Society of Computers and Law (UK)
- Member, International Technology Law Association (USA)
- BA (Law), University of Durham, UK
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Malaysia > TMT (including Fintech)(Hall of Fame)
The TMT practice at Christopher & Lee Ong continues to see growth in areas such as cloud computing, digital signing, e-commerce, cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens. Key client include a range of multinational organisations and conglomerates across the banking and financial services, technology and telecoms, energy and insurance sectors, as well as fintech companies, application developers and media and global industry disruptors. Practice co-leader Deepak Pillai is praised as ‘extremely knowledgeable and comprehensive in matters relating to data privacy’, while co-head Kuok Yew Chen focuses on corporate M&A work. Intan Haryati specialises in structuring, drafting and negotiating IT contracts, and Anissa Maria Anis advises on content creation, acquisitions and distributions, licensing matters, regulatory issues and defamation cases. Yong Shih Han is another key member in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Corporate and M&A
- Intellectual property
- Projects and energy
- TMT (including Fintech)