Paul Longman > Trethowans LLP > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Trethowans LLP Offices
THE PAVILION, BOTLEIGH GRANGE BUSINESS PARK
- Go to...
Paul is head of trethowans South Coast commercial property team. Paul has a wide range of experience in both commercial and residential development including acting for national and regional house builders, housing associations and landowners. He regularly deals with conditional contracts, options, mixed use development schemes, associated planning and infrastructure agreements and the sale and purchase of multi-let investment properties. Paul also has a regional reputation in acting for banks in substantial and involved property finance matters.
Trained Innes & Co; qualified 2001; Egglestones 2001-2004; Clarke Willmott 2004-2006; Associate Coffin Mew 2006-2010; Partner Trethowans 2010.
Trethowans LLP has a dedicated banking team acting for both lenders and borrowers on a variety of matters, including acquisition finance and property and development finance. It is also known for its experience on financing in the agriculture sector and restructuring and refinancing work. The practice is on the panel of the main banks active in the region. Sophie Eales heads the practice from the Southampton office. Other names to note are Nick Gent, who splits his time between Southampton and Bournemouth, Southampton’s property finance specialist Paul Longman and Emma Earp, who joined the Bournemouth office from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP in January 2019.
Trethowans LLP has a national reputation in commercial property pension transactions. In addition, its team is a strong performer in property finance transactions and landlord and tenant work, It also provides support on the property aspects of M&A, and advises LPA receivers and insolvency practitioners on restructurings and insolvencies. Paul Longman is the head of the practice. Liz Bryson has expertise in land development matters.
- Banking and finance - South East > Finance
- Commercial property: Hampshire - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery