Ian Singleton > Trethowans LLP > Salisbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Trethowans LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial litigation team.
Ian primarily undertakes work involving professional negligence claims and property disputes including commercial, agricultural and residential landlord and tenant issues. Ian has extensive experience of possession and forfeiture claims, business tenancy renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Part II and dilapidation claims. He has acted on a variety of applications relating to lease extensions or enfranchisement under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993. Ian has appeared for a successful appellant before the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) on an appeal from a decision of the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal. Ian is a member of the Law Society, the Coroners Society for England and Wales and the South West Coroners Society. Specialist areas: professional negligence claims; disputed landlord and tenant issues – commercial, residential and agricultural; inheritance act and probate disputes.
Qualified 1985. 1987, Trethowans; 1989 partner Trethowans. Invited to become an Assistant Deputy Coroner for Wiltshire & Swindon in April 2009.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate