Steve McCombe > Thrings LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
- Go to...
Consultant and solicitor-advocate with over 30 years’ experience of resolving construction and engineering disputes, acting for employers, consultants, contractors, specialist sub-contractors, suppliers, funders, insolvency practitioners and insurers. The disputes have involved buildings, roads, sewage and water treatment works, gas mains, pipelines, oil refineries, off-shore oil terminals, tunnels, bridges, roller coasters and military airbases, using negotiations, litigation, adjudication, arbitration and mediation. He is also a Specialist Practice Consultant to the RIBA.
School teacher in Somerset before switching to law; trained Thrings & Long; qualified 1989; Laytons; Morgan Bruce; Addleshaw Booth; Burges Salmon; partner Thrings 2007 to 2019; and consultant Thrings 2019 to date.
Law Society, Society of Construction Law and Adjudication Society.
Stamford School; University of Hull (BA Joint Hons 2(1) Geography and History); University of Leeds (Postgraduate Certificate in Education); Bristol Polytechnic (Common Professional Examination and Law Society’s Solicitors’ Finals) and College of Law (Higher Rights (Civil)).
Music, photography, railway history and reading crime novels.
Thrings LLP handles a range of contentious and non-contentious construction matters; it acts for clients from the infrastructure, in particular telecommunication and water industry, retail and leisure, and residential development space. The team, which is led by Natalia Sokolov, also has experience in secured lending and development finance. Steve McCombe handles disputes relating to office buildings, power stations and railway stations, among others.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation