Kerrie Hunt > Thrings LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
- Go to...
Employment, company commercial.
Partner and head of the employment team. Has a practice encompassing contentious and non-contentious employment advice, working closely with corporate clients at a senior level, identifying and managing risk in their business. Regularly advises commercial clients on all aspects of employee relations, from managing individual disputes to dealing with exit strategies at all levels and advising on restructures including collective consultation and dealing with TUPE issues. Undertakes own tribunal advocacy, representing clients in resisting claims ranging from unfair dismissal to discrimination and advises clients on High Court claims for injunctive relief for breach of covenants and misuse of confidential information. Also has particular expertise, alongside the firm’s specialist agriculture team, of advising farmers and landed estate owners.
Trained Thrings; qualified 1997; associate 2002; partner 2005.
French and Spanish.
Employment Lawyers Association; affiliate member CIPD; Chair of the Board of Trustees for Shakespeare at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol.
University of Hull (BA (Hons) 2(1) French/Drama); University of West England (Postgraduate Diploma in Law Distinction, LPC Distinction).
Film and theatre; hill walking.
Thrings LLP‘s ‘very knowledgeable‘ commercial dispute resolution team is particularly strong for corporate and contractual disputes, financial services litigation, debt and asset recovery issues and product liability disputes. Bristol-based Kerrie Hunt leads the group, which, in Swindon, includes Ramona Derbyshire, who ‘couples friendly approachability with forensic rigour‘ and handles a range of contentious corporate and commercial issues, and Caroline Watson, who counts corporate, pension and procurement disputes among her areas of expertise.
Thrings LLP supports its clients in a wide variety of employment matters, including tribunals, corporate support, data protection and immigration. The team works with clients across multiple sectors, with the majority of work coming from telecoms, charities, manufacturing, agriculture, media and FCMG employers. The ‘absolutely superb‘ Kerrie Hunt leads the team, working with corporate and SME clients on matters including High Court litigation. Natalie Ward is also well regarded for corporate TUPE support.
- Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Dispute resolution
- Employment: Bristol - South West > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation