Mike Tomlin > Thrings LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
- Go to...
Head of Banking & Finance and partner in the company commercial department. Specialises in acting for lender or borrower in relation to secured lending, investment and acquisition finance. Recent deal highlight is the £75m investment (acting for TrueSpeed) by the Aviva group into rural broadband operator TrueSpeed Communications Limited.
Trained Thrings LLP; qualified 2005; partner 2013.
West Buckland School; University of the West of England, Bristol (German and Law, 2(1) (Hons) 2001).
Live music, guitar.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Thrings LLP advises both lenders and borrowers on matters such as equity investments and general commercial lending. Mike Tomlin is the key contact leading the practice from Bristol and sports a particular specialism in the telecommunication sector. The firm also has a focus on the health and care sectors, and is regularly sought out by lenders in this field.
Thrings LLP is instructed on a range of corporate transactions, including M&A deals, joint ventures and investments. The firm’s corporate practice is split between its Swindon office, where John Davies heads the overall team, and Bristol, where Elaine Meyrick serves as practice head. In 2021, Meyrick and John Richardson handled work including advising private equity portfolio companies on transactions as well as the establishment of employee benefit trusts. Head of banking Mike Tomlin is another name to note and advises on corporate transactions and financings.
- Leading individuals - South West > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - South West > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: Bristol - South West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Planning