Rosalyn Trotman > Thrings LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial property – planning
Head of development of land – partner in planning law
Rosalyn joined Thrings in 2014 after a number of years in local government. As a Partner in the Planning and Environment team and Head of the Development of Land team, she advises on a wide range of development schemes, acting for housebuilders, housing associations, developers, promoters and landowners. Rosalyn’s expertise lies in the negotiation of infrastructure agreements including section 106 agreements, highways and drainage agreements. She also provides specialist advice on planning strategy for development schemes, interpretation of planning policies and the Community Infrastructure Levy. Rosalyn advises clients on schemes of all sizes, including residential, mixed-use and commercial developments, taking clients through planning and environmental due diligence at the acquisition stage, drafting of planning and environmental clauses within transactions through to negotiation of planning obligations and conditions. Rosalyn is also experienced in compulsory purchase, planning appeals, certificate of lawfulness applications and resolution of planning enforcement matters.
Alongside her role at Thrings, Ros was the 2019/2020 chairman of the Women in Property South West committee and remains an active committee member. She was also included in the Insider Property Power list 2019 as one of the top 50 most influential people in the SW.
Women in Property South west committee
LLB (hons) LPC (distinction) date of admission to the roll of solicitors september 2014
Thrings LLP‘s planning and environment practice sports a particular focus on energy, waste and the agricultural sector. The practice, which is located in Bristol and headed by Alex Madden, is also increasingly active in environmental matters relating to property transactions and development schemes. Rosalyn Trotman is specialised in urban planning, while Rob James advises on matters such as environmental litigation in the agricultural sectors.
Thrings LLP’s dispute resolution practice is divided into distinct specialist sub-teams, which work closely with their non-contentious counterparts to handle a broad range of commercial disputes. Notable areas of expertise include financial services and pension litigation, IP and data work, shareholder disputes, insolvency matters, real estate litigation and agriculture claims. The practice is jointly led by Alastair Govier and Mark Cullingford, who handle financial disputes and insolvency issues respectively. Russell Reeves and Rob James are the key names for agricultural disputes, and Rosalyn Trotman focuses on planning litigation.
- Commercial litigation: Bristol - South West > Dispute resolution
- Environment - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Planning