Alex Pinhey > Thrings LLP > Swindon, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
6 DRAKES MEADOW
- Go to...
Alex is a commercial property lawyer with particular expertise in acting for national and regional providers of self invested personal pensions (SIPPs) in the acquisition and disposal of property, and the leasehold issues arising during the life of the investments. He has advised on high-value acquisitions and disposals, and in respect of properties as diverse as fisheries, factories, and offices. Examples of Alex’s recent work include: acting on behalf of SIPP trustees in the £4m sale of the headquarters of a top 100 law firm; acting for an SPV in the investment acquisition of a multi-let office building; granting a lease of substantial rent to a national haulier.
Qualified 2003; joined Thrings 2006; made partner 2010.
Warren Reid leads Thrings LLP‘s commercial property team, which has vast experience of managing property acquisitions and disposals, commercial agreements and strategic land transactions. Alex Pinhey acts for a highly diverse client base, which includes pension schemes and factories. Legal director Charlotte Barrett’s practice focuses on advising landlords and tenants on portfolio management issues. Alan Goulding specialises in strategic land development.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Real estate > Planning