Ramona Derbyshire > Thrings LLP > Swindon, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
6 DRAKES MEADOW
- Go to...
Partner heading up the debt and asset recoveries team and the business growth sector and specialising in commercial litigation. Clients include corporate entities, directors, shareholders, institutional clients and clients with motor industry, financial services and insurance-related interests. She has a pragmatic approach to commercial disputes, including using alternative forms of dispute resolution. She takes the lead in client relationships for key commercial clients to include working closely with in-house legal teams and board members.
Trained at Shoosmiths; qualified September 2003; partner in present firm May 2009. Thrings, Swindon assistant solicitor (2003-07); Thrings, Swindon associate solicitor (2007-09), Thrings, Swindon Partner 2009 – present .
Dispute Resolution Section, President of the Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Law Society; Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce; Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Backwell School, Bristol; Southampton University (BSc (Joint Hons) Law & Politics); College of Law, Guildford (Legal Practice Course).
Netball for firm and Devizes Club, family. Member of Devizes tennis club.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Thrings LLP has ‘gone from strength to strength in terms of coupling robust legal advice with commercial pragmatism’ and is ‘known in the region for its consistent ability to deliver good value for money’. With distinct sub-teams, the practice has notable expertise in financial services litigation, corporate claims, debt recovery work, trust litigation, personal injury claims, property litigation and employment claims. Kerrie Hunt leads the group from Bristol; key names in Swindon include Ramona Derbyshire, who leads the recoveries team, and Emily Prout, who leads the inheritance and trusts dispute practice. Caroline Watson departed to Freeths LLP in mid-2022.
Under the leadership of ‘very competent litigator‘ Ramona Derbyshire, the recoveries team at Thrings LLP sits as part of the firm’s broader dispute resolution practice and handles the full range of domestic and cross-border work for regional and national clients. The group is also on the Bar Council Affinity Panel, which assists with the recovery of barrister fees.
- Leading individuals - South West > Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Leading individuals - South West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery - South West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Planning