Gary Booth > BTO Solicitors LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
BTO Solicitors LLP Offices
48 ST VINCENT STREET
- Go to...
Gary is a partner in the corporate team with over 15 years’ experience across the full range of corporate and commercial matters, both domestically and internationally (having previously worked in London and Dubai). He acts for clients based in the UK and beyond across a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, software, professional services, logistics, retail, leisure and hospitality. His clients are principally SMEs/private companies and owner-managed businesses, but he also acts for publicly listed companies and private equity funds.
In addition to his corporate work on share and business sales and purchases, joint ventures and shareholder agreements, Gary is regularly involved in investment transactions, corporate governance matters, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts of all types, and providing general corporate and commercial advice, including in relation to shareholder/boardroom disputes. Gary also has expertise in the field of sports law, particularly in relation to football, having acted for the Scottish FA for over 10 years.
Gary’s recent transactions include:
- Acting for the Scottish FA in its acquisition of Hampden Park, Glasgow;
- Acting for Query Click Limited in relation to a multi-million pound investment into the Company;
- Acting for Paysend Group Limited in relation to various investments and share transfers involving the Company;
- Acting for an off-shore minority shareholder in a UK company involved in a dispute with the majority shareholder; and
- Acting for the purchaser of a manufacturing business.
Trained, assistant Dundas & Wilson CS LLP (2000-04); associate, senior associate Allen & Overy LLP (2004-08); senior associate, partner Levy & McRae (2008-14); partner BTO Solicitors LLP (2014-present).
Law Society of Scotland.
University of Strathclyde (1995-99 LLB Hons); Glasgow Graduate School of Law (1999-2000 Dip LP).
Football; cinema; reading.
BTO Solicitors LLP handles a wide range of matters for the Scottish Football Association, including advising on the hosting of major sporting events, commercial contracts, acquisitions and partnership agreements between sporting bodies and rules revision exercises. The team recently advised the SFA on the high-profile acquisition of national football stadium Hampden Park from Queen’s Park Football Club. The team is led by Andrew Sleigh, who ‘really understands the issues that sports clubs face‘, while Gary Booth provides corporate governance and commercial contracts advice to football clubs and the SFA.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Property litigation