Mr Essenese Obhan > Obhan & Associates > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Obhan & Associates Offices
N-94, Second Floor
- Go to...
Mr Essenese Obhan
Intellectual Property, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) and Litigation
Managing Partner; Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Design, Plant Variety Protection and Litigation
Essenese Obhan is a managing partner at Obhan & Associates. Mr Obhan is an IP lawyer, patent agent, and has a degree in mechanical engineering. While he has drafted, prosecuted and litigated cases in the mechanical, chemical, pharmaceutical, software, telecommunication and agricultural sectors, he has also been at the forefront of several high stakes IP licensing and litigation matters in India. In particular, he has represented both the Indian seed industry in their licensing dispute concerning genetically modified seeds as well as various Indian mobile manufacturers in their SEP discussions with SEP owners. He advises many companies, including some from Fortune 500, and India’s leading businesses on developing and maintaining their patent portfolios and IP strategy and licensing.
Mr. Obhan represents India on committee’s of various national & international IP forums including APAA, INTA, AIPPI and FICPI.
Essenese Obhan has been recognised as leading lawyer for Intellectual Property by:
- Chambers Asia: Asia’s leading lawyer for business since 2009
- Managing Intellectual Property: IP Star since 2010
- IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners since 2013
- The Legal 500: Asia Pacific as Leading Lawyer since 2016
- India Business Law Journal A-List: India’s Leading Lawyer 2021-22
- IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists since 2019
- IAM Global Leaders in 2020
- Asia Law Leading Lawyers as Distinguished Practitioner for Intellectual Property since 2021
APAA, AIPPI, FICPI, GRUR, INTA
LLB, BE Mechanical
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The tech and chemicals sectors are notable strengths of IP boutique Obhan & Associates, a practice admired by clients as ‘very prompt and approachable‘. Managing partner Essenese Obhan is a patent attorney and brings to bear mechanical engineering expertise in the chemical, pharmaceutical, software, telecommunication and agricultural sectors, and has experience in several high stakes IP licensing and litigation matters in India. Aparna Kareer handles all aspects of patent work, both advisory and litigious, and Charul Yadav advises on commercially-focused patent matters in the life sciences space. For trademark litigation and prosecution, Taarika Pillai is the main contact to note.
- Leading individuals - India > Intellectual property > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - India > Intellectual property