Ms Hanizah Huzin > Azmi & Associates > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Azmi & Associates Offices
14TH FLOOR, MENARA KECK SENG
203 JALAN BUKIT BINTANG
55100 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Ms Hanizah Huzin
Among the significant work that Hanizah has attended to were the following:
- Advised Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad and its Hong Kong partners in the setting up of a fund adopting an exempted limited partnership structure in Cayman Islands, with targeted investments in the green technology and renewable energy sector with a maximum fund size of USD600million.
- Advised UMW Corporation Sdn Bhd on the internal restructuring of its heavy equipment business in Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea and in its joint venture arrangement with Komatsu Ltd.
- Advised SME Corporation Malaysia on its investment in 2 separate funds for RM20million respectively.
- Advised Padiberas Nasional Berhad (BERNAS) on the restructuring of its shareholding in one of its joint venture companies.
- Advised Axiata Digital Innovation Fund Sdn Bhd in its investment in The Future Commerce Sdn Bhd, Serunai Commerce Sdn Bhd and Aerodyne Ventures Sdn Bhd.
- Advised various companies, including UMW Group of Companies, Yayasan Sime Darby, UDA Holdings Berhad, FELCRA Berhad and Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad on its compliance with the Companies Act 2016.
- Conducted various legal due diligence exercises including for the acquisition of shares in 10 poultry related companies by a government-owned company, for the acquisition of a dairy product company by a government-owned company and for the acquisition of shares in a holding company with a view to consequentially acquire private schools and international schools situated in the East and West Malaysia held by its eight subsidiaries by a foreign entity.
- Advised Felcra Berhad on its acquisition of palm oil plantations involving equity and asset acquisition.
- Involved in the drafting and negotiation of an asset sale and purchase agreement involving two Malaysian public companies.
HANIZAH MOHD HUZIN is a senior associate in the Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Practice Group. She has been working with domestic and foreign private and listed companies on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and compliance matters. She has been involved in various aspects of structuring, documentation and negotiation and has assisted in notable transactions across a number of industries.
She is experienced in private equity and venture capital and has been involved in various matters with clients ranging from SMEs, local and international fund to the country’s largest venture capital company on the setting up of their private equity and venture capital funds as well as in their investments in various sectors including the technology, green energy, education and healthcare through both conventional and Islamic means.
She is experienced in conducting both full scale due diligence and limited scope due diligence for various corporate transactions including for the acquisition of shares in 10 poultry related companies and a dairy product company by government-owned companies.
She has also involved in other corporate and compliance matters in which she advised various companies, including UMW Group of Companies, Yayasan Sime Darby, UDA Holdings Berhad, FELCRA Berhad and Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad on its compliance with the Companies Act 2016.
She graduated from the University of Malaya with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons.) in October 2014 and was then awarded with a Degree of Master of Laws (LL.M) with distinction from the same university in 2017. She joined the firm as a pupil in October 2014 and was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in September 2015.
She is currently part of the Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Practice Group 3 under the supervision of our Partner, Encik Norhisham Abd Bahrin.
English and Bahasa Malaysia
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
(LL.B) (Hons.) from University of Malaya