Mrs Nicola Rout > Thompson Smith and Puxon > Colchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Smith and Puxon Offices
STABLE 6, STABLE ROAD
- Go to...
Mrs Nicola Rout
Corporate and Commercial
Nicola Rout, who qualified as a Solicitor in 2002, joined the TSP Corporate and Commercial team in November 2019. She advises clients on a broad range of Corporate and Commercial matters but specialises in insolvency and restructuring, including debt recovery work. She is based in our Colchester office.
Her experience highlights include acting for stakeholders in the Lehman Brothers collapse in 2008 during her time as senior associate at Latham & Watkins and then more recently, advising a FTSE 100 company and a global professional body on GDPR compliance issues.
Nicola obtained her law degree from Oxford University in 1998 before gaining her Diploma in Legal Practice from Nottingham Law School in 1999. She then joined Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer to undertake her training contract qualifying into the Restructuring and Insolvency team. Nicola has a wealth of experience acting for companies, investment banks and hedge funds, including acting on debt for equity swaps, debt restructurings and pre-pack administrations.
Nottingham Law School
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Private client > Family: Essex