Mrs Claire Powell > Thompson Smith and Puxon > Colchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Smith and Puxon Offices
STABLE 6, STABLE ROAD
- Go to...
Mrs Claire Powell
Corporate and Commercial
Claire is the director of Claire Powell Limited, a partner in the firm, and deals with a broad range of corporate and commercial work, specialising in franchise acquisitions and disposals. Claire advises traditional, corporate and limited liability partnerships on all issues including those arising on admission, retirement and dissolution. Claire also advises owner-managed businesses, SMEs and international manufacturing groups, on business-critical contracts and assists private and public companies on corporate governance, directors’ duties and acquisitions and disposals.
She has a particular interest in healthcare provision, advising individual GP Practices and GP Federations on NHS primary care contracts and sub-contracting arrangements.
Having Trained at Mills and Reeve, Claire qualified as a solicitor in 2000. She joined TSP’s Corporate and Commercial team in 2001 and in 2009 became a director of Claire Powell Ltd, a corporate partner in the firm.
Claire studied Law at the University of Hull and from there went straight on to study for her Legal Practice Certificate (LPC) at the College of Law, York.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Private client > Family: Essex