Mr Viet Nguyen > Bizconsult Law Firm > Hanoi, Vietnam > Lawyer Profile
Bizconsult Law Firm Offices
20 TRAN HUNG DAO STREET
HOAN KIEM DISTRICT
- Go to...
Mr Viet Nguyen
Bizconsult Law Firm
Managing Partner. Area of Practice: Corporate & Commercial Laws; Mergers & Acquisitions; Banking & Finance; Real Estate Laws; Construction Laws; Foreign Investment Laws; IP & Franchise; Employment & Labor Laws; Dispute Resolutions
Viet practised laws since 2000 and is currently an outstanding lawyer in Vietnam. Viet’s clients include multinational corporations such as Aviva Plc (UK), Chemonics International (USA), Dunkin Brands (USA), Papa John (USA), Daewoo E&C (Korea), Samsung E&C (Korea), Samsung SDI (Korea), POSCO E&C (Korea), Hyundai E&C (Korea), Nippon Steel & Sumikin Engineering (Japan), Sojitz (Japan), PETRONAS (Malaysia), Qatar Airlines (Qatar), TOTAL (France), Pegasus (Kinderworld, Singapore), Capitaland (Singapore), Gamuda Land (Malaysia), ANZ Bank (New Zealand), Bangkok Bank (Thailand), UNDP etc. Viet is providing legal services to an increasing number of Vietnamese corporations in various sectors including real estate development, hydro and thermal power plants, construction, pulp and paper production, logistics, securities, insurance, banking etc. Some notable Vietnamese clients include Redsun (Restaurant), Goldsun (printing and houseware production) Handico (real estate and investment), Vietracimex (multi-disciplinary), PVC (petroleum projects construction and investment), Ocean Group (investment, real estate), Agriseco (securities), Vinacapital (funds and investment management), Viglacera (manufacture, real estate), Bao Viet Insurance, PVI Insurance, VIB Bank, Viettel (telecommunications and investment), Misa (software), Vinapaco (paper and pulp production), etc.
AWARDS AND RANKINGS
- Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2018 for outstanding lawyer in litigation on commerce and construction;
- IBA 2007 Scholarship for M&A Training Course
- TLBU 2004 Scholarship for the Master Course of International Laws
- IPBA 2003 M.S.LIN Scholarship for Young Lawyers
- “Enforcing contracts in Vietnam” at the Conference “Doing Business” organized by the World Bank and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of South Korea, Seoul, 2011
- “Employment issues in Vietnam” at the Conference “Relocation to Vietnam” in Singapore, organized by Key Media, 2006
- “Doing Business In Vietnam” at Mackrell International’s Asia Meeting in Hanoi, 2008
PUBLICATIONS AND WRITINGS
- Mr. Viet is an active contributor on legal developments in Vietnam and published more than 50 articles commenting on the legal provisions of Vietnam and recommendations for developments. Articles published on both international and regional newspapers and publishing houses, such as Asian Counsel Magazines, Asia Law & Practice Magazines, Vietnam News, Vietnam Investment Review, etc.
- Mr. Viet is one of the authors for the book “Legal Environment for Business Development Services in Vietnam” published in 2004 by GTZ SME Project; and “Contract Laws” published in 2009 by GTZ and the Ministry of Justice of Vietnam
- Mr. Viet is a long term contributor to the research on Vietnam chapter for the publication “Doing Business” published annually by the World Bank
Hanoi Bar Association, Vietnam Bar Federation
International Merger & Acquisition, the College of Law of England and Wales, the UK (2007); LLM, Transnational Law & Business University (TLBU), Seoul, Korea (2006); Field study at International organizations (TLBU Institute in Paris, WTO & WIPO in Geneva, ICC & ICJ in Hague, EU Commission in Brussels) (2006); Lawyer’s Skill, Judicial Academy, Hanoi (2003); National Economic University, Business Management Institute, Hanoi (2000); LLB, Hanoi Law University, Hanoi (1999).