Mr Tuan Nguyen > Bizconsult Law Firm > Hanoi, Vietnam > Lawyer Profile
Bizconsult Law Firm Offices
20 TRAN HUNG DAO STREET
HOAN KIEM DISTRICT
- Go to...
Mr Tuan Nguyen
Bizconsult Law Firm
Chairman. Area of Practice: • Corporate & Commercial • Banking & Finance • Mergers & Acquisitions • Intellectual Property & Franchise • Real Estate/EPCs • Employment & Labor • Foreign Investment; • Dispute Resolutions
Nguyen Anh Tuan, Partner and Chairman of BIZCONSULT LAW FIRM, is a well-recognized and strongly recommended lawyer for Corporate and M&A by Global Legal Experts for consecutive years from 2011 to 2015. Tuan has more than twenty-eight years of experience in corporate and M&A and in all areas of corporate and business laws including, but not limited to, financing and real estate transactions, intellectual property and franchise. Tuan’s clients include top Vietnamese and foreign banks and corporations, finance companies, international investment funds.
Since 2011, Tuan was ranking as a leading lawyer for intellectual property in Vietnam by AsiaLaw Magazine. In 2010, he acted as counsel for a pharmaceutical manufacturer on a cancellation of Prizer’s pharmaceutical mark on the 5-year non-use ground and his case was awarded the Landmark Case of Mark Cancellation by Asia IP. In 2006 Tuan acted for Daewoo International Corporation as foreign investor counsel on an investment arrangement of acquisition of a local 1000-worker garment factory and his deal was awarded The Deal of M&A in Vietnam by Asian Counsels Magazine.
AWARDS AND RANKINGS
- “Recommended Attorney for Mergers &Acquisitions in Vietnam” by Global Legal Expert, 2014
- “Lawyer for Great Contribution to Justice Development of Vietnam” by Vietnam Bar Federation, 2013
- “Good Lawyer” by Hanoi Department of Justice, 2012
- “Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property in Vietnam” by Asialaw Magazine, 2011
- “The Landmark Case of Cancellation of Mark ICAZ of the Year” by ASIAN IP, 2009
- “The Deal of Mergers & Acquisitions” by Asian Counsel Magazine, 2006
- “Lawyer’s Skills in Foreign Investment Consultancy”, presented in a Lawyer’s Skill Training Course by Vietnam Bar Federation, August 2014;
- “Enforcing Contracts in Vietnam”, presented in the 3rd International Conference on Enforcing Contracts of Vietnam, Brunei and Saudi Arabia in October 2013 at Seoul, Republic of Korea and in the Easy of Doing Business Project of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC);
- “Remarkable Issues on the Lease of Real Estate for Commercial Purpose – Legal Respects and Practical Issues”, presented to the Viettel Corporation’s commercial team in 2012;
- “Guide on procedures, conditions and restrictions to foreign investors in Vietnam”, presented at the annual meeting of the Annual Meeting hosted by New York State Bar Association in Singapore in October 2009.
- “Doing Investment in Vietnam in Form of Franchise”, presented at the annual meeting of Rim-Pacific Conference hosted by New York State Bar Association in Singapore, October 2007.
- “Vietnam – Remarkable Issues when employing locally”, presented at the Relocation of Investment in Singapore hosted by Key Media 2008.
- “Protection of Internet Music Copyright”, presented at the conference hosted by IDG Ventures Vietnam in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City 2009.
PUBLICATIONS AND WRITINGS
- “International Guide on Mergers & Acquisition – M&A Guide for Vietnam”, published in the “Getting the Deal Through” book in London 2011, annually updated 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- “International Franchise Sales Law, Guide on Franchise in Vietnam”, published in the “International Franchise Sales Law” by American Bar Association 2010, updated 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- “Anti-Counterfeiting – Guide for Vietnam”, published in the Global Guide of the World Trademark Report 2012 and 2013.
Hanoi Bar Association; Vietnam Bar Federation; International Bar Association (IBA), UK; International Trademark Association (INTA), USA; Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), Japan; Vietnam Intellectual Property Association (VIPA), Vietnam
- Certificate of Due Diligence in M&A Transactions by The Institute of Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances, Switzerland;
- Certificate of Advanced Mergers & Acquisitions by The Institute of Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances, Switzerland;
- Practice License of Asset Receiver, Vietnam.
- Hanoi University, Intellectual Property Law, Vietnam;
- Anti-Corruption by Utstein Anti-Corruption Resource Center and Chr. Michelsen Institute, Netherlands;
- Securities Trading by the State Securities Commission, Vietnam;
- Lawyer’s Skills by the National University of Legal Professions, Vietnam;
- Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Law by the Technical Overseas University (AOTS), Intellectual Property Management, Japan Patent Office (JPO) and Japan Institute for Invention and Innovation (JIII), Tokyo;
- Copyright and Related Rights by WIPO and Vietnam Copyright Office, Vietnam;
- Hanoi University, Faculty of Law, Vietnam;
- Hanoi University of Commerce, Faculty of Business Management, Vietnam.