Mr Phong Le > Bizconsult Law Firm > Hanoi, Vietnam > Lawyer Profile
Bizconsult Law Firm Offices
20 TRAN HUNG DAO STREET
HOAN KIEM DISTRICT
- Go to...
Mr Phong Le
Bizconsult Law Firm
Partner. Area of Practice: Foreign Investment; Corporate and Commercial; Mergers and Acquisitions;Banking and Finance
Phong is a partner at bizconsult law firm with 19 years of professional experience. He has advised a broad range of clients including banks and financial institutions, multinational corporations, foreign funds and asset investment companies, State corporations and private SMEs in various areas. Phong’s practice focuses on Investment Projects (inbound and outbound), Corporate and Commercial Transactions, M&A, Banking & Finance and Corporate Restructuring. Phong has also represented investment funds and corporations in numerous private equity investments, debt investments, convertible bonds and cross-border financing transactions. His major corporate clients include General Electric, Cargill, Veolia Water Solutions, Xylem, Melchers GMBH &CO, Decathlon/Oxylane, AEON Delight, Goldbell Corporation, Mobilitas, DKSH, Great Eastern Life Insurance, Hyatt Int’l Asia Pacific Ltd, EC Harris, Horiba and Piaggio. Phong also acted for Bao Viet Life, MobiFone, Viettel Group, BIDV, Masan (Mining), Canada Embassy, Ministry of Economic, Trade and Industry of Japan. Phong received Certificate of Merits from Hanoi Bar, Certificate of Appreciation from The World Bank for 5 consecutive years for his contribution to “Doing Business in a More Transparent World”, lead author of “M&A – Vietnam Chapter” for “Getting the Deals Through” for 7 consecutive years.
AWARDS AND RANKINGS
- Scholarship for International Joint Venture Practice Diploma, awarded by the College of Law of England & Wales in association with the International Bar Association (2007)
- Scholarship for the Master of International Law, awarded by TLBU Graduate School of Law in Seoul, Korea (2003)
- Certificate of Merits from the Hanoi Bar Association
- Certificate of Appreciation from The World Bank
PUBLICATIONS AND WRITINGS
- “M&A – Vietnam Chapter” published in Getting the Deals Through 2010-2017.
- “What has power to bind a company in Vietnam?” published on Asian Counsel, March 2010;
- “Foreign investment in distribution sector – a knotty issue”, published by Asian Counsel, February 2010;
- “Who can be CEO in Vietnam?”, published on Asian Counsel December 2007
- “Detailed provisions on real estate business in Vietnam launched”, published on Asian Counsel November 2007;
- “Indirect investment in the form of shares acquisition in Vietnam” published on Asian Counsel July/August 2007;
- “Want to import and distribute goods? Wait a while…” published on Vietnam News, 1 August 2007;
- “LREB to untie a tangled web”, published on Vietnam Investment Review, Apr 2007;
- “Stepping up for new deal”, published on Vietnam Investment Review, Feb/Mar 2007;
- “Raised eyebrows at new business decree”, published on Vietnam Investment Review, Sep 2006;
Hanoi Bar Association;
Hanoi Law University, Vietnam (1999 LLB); TLBU School of Law, Korea (2005 LLM). The Institute of Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances, Advanced Merger & Acquisitions (M&A), 2012, Due Diligence (2014). Awarded the TLBU Scholarship (2003), Scholarship for International Joint Venture Practice Diploma, The College of Law of England & Wales in association with the International Bar Association (2007).