Amy Gallimore > Ashfords LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
1 NEW FETTER LANE
- Go to...
Restructuring and Insolvency
Amy is a Partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency team. She is a solicitor and a (non-appointment taking) licensed insolvency practitioner.
Amy advises clients on corporate and personal insolvency law. She acts for insolvency practitioners and stakeholders affected by financial distress, including directors, shareholders, creditors and debtors from a wide spectrum of sectors, but particularly financial services and insurance. Her practice encompasses advisory, disputes and transactional work and extends to advising insolvency practitioners in respect of professional disciplinary issues.
Amy won the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association Prize in the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) examinations in 2010 and is a contributor to Tolley’s Insolvency Law service and other technical publications.
Amy has been recommended by Legal 500 in the field of Professional Discipline.
- Liquidators: Acting in relation to numerous antecedent and misfeasance claims against directors of a company in the travel sector.
- Foreign bank: Advising a foreign bank in connection with its high value insolvency claims against a series of investment banks which arose from the 2008 banking crisis and the bank’s subsequent insolvency, including various cross border issues such as double actionability, conflict of laws, recognition and discovery in several jurisdictions.
- Creditor: Advising a substantial creditor and client of multiple entities of a legal and insurance intermediary group as to their interconnected administrations and business reorganisation, including the transfer of a ABS solicitor practice and business transition and continuity issues.
- Insurance sector stakeholders: Acting for a range of stakeholders in the insurance sector, including a creditor opposing a scheme of arrangement proposed by an insurance company, the administrators of an insurance company, the solvent winding up of an insurer in run-off, and various insolvency issues for intermediaries, insurers and insureds.
- Insolvency practitioners: Advising insolvency practitioners regulated by the ICAEW and IPA in relation to various disciplinary, investigation and conduct issues.
Drawing on a ‘good mix of technical know-how and commercial acumen’, Ashfords LLP provides a ‘cost effective service’ to stakeholders engaged in a wide variety of corporate and personal insolvency assignments. Under the guidance of the ‘knowledgeable, commercial and pragmatic’ Alan Bennett , who splits his time between the firm’s London and Bristol offices, the team has gained most acclaim for its contentious insolvency expertise, as well as its skill at handling insolvencies in the professional services field. The ‘technically brilliant’ Amy Gallimore has an excellent following among IPs in the SME market, and is also ‘highly skilled in navigating professional disciplinary investigations’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency