Partner in the Trusts and Estates Team. John is Head of our Charities Group and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and the STEP Charities Special Interest Group.
John Toth > Ashfords LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
1 NEW FETTER LANE
- Go to...
Trusts & Estates; Charities.
John advises on many aspects of private client work such as the creation of Wills, lifetime tax planning for individuals and the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
John also advises the estates of deceased persons on the best way to realise assets and can negotiate with HMRC to ensure that the correct amount of Inheritance Tax is paid.
John also drafts new Trusts and advises Trustees on complications which arise with their trusts and how to remedy them often without recourse to expensive Court proceedings.
John also advises the Administrators of non-UK individuals who have UK assets and need help in realising them. John is familiar with the necessary routes to obtain a UK grant of representation in these circumstances.
- Private clients: Advising high net worth individuals on suitable tax planning structures.
- Private clients: Drafting deeds to confirm actions taken by trustees.
- Private clients: Preparing Wills incorporating discretionary trusts and charities.
- Private client: Negotiating with HMRC on obtaining suitable reliefs for Inheritance Tax for a large estate.
- Private clients: Advising individuals on business property relief.
Ashfords LLP handles both contentious and non-contentious matters. Its team comprises of experienced litigants, Court of Protection specialists and transactional specialists. The team is headed by both Kerry Morgan-Gould and John Toth . Morgan-Gould oversees the contentious charities team, whilst Toth oversees the non-contentious charities team. Barny Croft is noted for his representation of national charities and trustees.
Ashfords LLP advises a substantial number of national charities in all types of disputes and an array of contentious trusts and probate matters. Exeter-based Robert Horsey has a wealth of experience in all aspects of contentious trusts and estate administrations. Practice co-head Kerry Morgan Gould who is also based in Exeter is recommended for her work on a range of contentious charities matters. John Toth heads the non-contentious charities offering and is based in London.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency