Chris Freeman > Ashfords LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
1 NEW FETTER LANE
- Go to...
Chris is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team. Chris has been qualified for 8 years.
Chris has extensive experience in advising on professional negligence claims and has a particular specialism in advising lenders on those types of claim, primarily against solicitors, valuers and project monitors. Having specialised in this area for a number of years now, he has built up a wealth of expertise in this sector. Chris also recently had articles featured in the Mortgage Finance Gazette on this topic.
In addition, Chris advises in relation to commercial disputes in the technology sector and was also recently seconded to a renewable energy investment company in London as Head of Legal.
Chris advises clients throughout the litigation process, including the Pre-Action Protocol phase, and has substantial practical expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution, having been involved in a significant number of successful mediations and negotiations in recent years.
Chris trained with the firm and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Team in 2011.
- Renewable energy investment company: Seconded as Interim Head of Legal, dealing with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Major UK lenders: Acting on behalf of lenders in relation to multiple high value professional negligence claims in respect of commercial, residential, industrial and development sites.
- Professional practice: Advising the claimant company in respect of a substantial multi-party claim including allegations of breaches of directors’ duties and unjust enrichment.
- Major UK lender: Acting on behalf of a lender in respect of a claim against solicitors for failing to properly protect the lender’s security position.
- Private company: Advising in relation to supply contracts for the provision of services in the technology sector.
Ashfords LLP acts for companies and private individuals in claims against professionals including surveyors, solicitors and accountants. Rory Mac Neice co-leads the team and also handles the general litigation practice; he handles claims against a range of professionals, with a particular focus on claims against veterinary professionals related to bloodsports. Victoria Bonnet also serves as practice co-head and focuses on disputes related to property transactions, while Stephen Homer handles claims in the construction sector. Senior associate Chris Freeman is noted for his work advising lenders on claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency