Ruth Yates > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial, Public Sector
Ruth advises Government departments, local authorities, public bodies and private contractors. She advises on all aspects of public sector contracts, from the outset of a procurement process, through to completion and dealing with post close contractual issues.
Ruth delivers pragmatic legal advice and support on major public sector outsourcing projects, including detailed advice on the procurement rules, preparing contractual documentation and advising on State aid and vires issues.
Ruth also advises both public sector bodies and private parties on the application of the State aid rules in the context of grant funding programmes. She regularly provides training to clients and other organisations on the procurement rules and State aid rules.
- Cornwall Council: Advising Cornwall Council on the procurement of framework agreements for the provision of domiciliary care and support services.
- Exeter City Council: Advising Exeter City Council on the procurement of a design team for a new leisure facility in the city centre using the restricted procedure.
- Mendip District Council: Advising Mendip District Council in respect of its procurement of a services concession for its leisure centre estate.
- NYnet 100 Limited: Advising NYnet (a wholly owned subsidiary of North Yorkshire County Council) in its procurement utilising the open procedure of the provision of a number of Business Support Events to encourage take up of superfast broadband by SMEs in North Yorkshire.
- Council of the Isles of Scilly: Advising on the application of the State aid rules in respect of State aid notifications in respect the funding of improvement works to St Mary’s Airport and Lands End Airport.
The competition team at Ashfords LLP specialises in advising clients on state aid and subsidy control issues, with a focus on matters related to EU and UK government funds such as the Future High Streets Fund, the Levelling Up Fund, the European Regional Development Fund and the Port Infrastructure Fund. The team provides assistance to local governments both on making and applying for grants, and also advises private sector clients on grant applications. Public procurement is another area of strength for the practice. Lucy Woods leads the team and has a particular focus on the public sector, with associate Ruth Yates also experienced in this area; the pair ‘work as a cohesive team with excellent results’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence