- BDW Trading Limited: Acting in the acquisition of a development site in Cornwall by way of a company acquisition.
- Housebuilder: Acting for a landed estate in the grant of a promotion agreement and subsequent disposal with the benefit of planning permission for 185 dwellings to a regional housebuilder.
- Cavanna Homes (Devon) Limited: Acting in the purchase of a development site at Clyst St Mary, Exeter for 80 dwellings.
- Private landowners: Acting for private landowners in the unconditional sale of a development site with the benefit of planning permission in Chudleigh for 230 dwellings.
- Private landowners: Acting for private landowners in the phased disposal of a large development site in Bovey Tracey to a national and a regional housebuilder.
Tim Heal > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner and Head of the Real Estate Team. Tim specialises in all aspects of the development of commercial and residential property.
In particular Tim deals with strategic site assembly, including land owner agreements, promotion and option agreements and more general development agreements.
His clients include landowners, regional and national housebuilders, housing associations and commercial developers.
He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is praised for his “good, sound commercial advice” and ability to “develop a good strong relationship with him”.
Ashfords LLP is known to provide ‘consistently good and thorough advice‘ in housing matters. Its impressive client list includes registered providers and local authorities; together with their London team, the group is also active for several of the capital’s boroughs. It covers the full gamut of work with notable expertise in development work, in which Paul Butterworth has a strong track record, This in addition to housing litigation and tenancy management matters, for which Sian Gibbon is highlighted. Together with Tim Heal, they lead the practice. Associate Isabelle Clement has expertise in advising on regeneration schemes.
Ashfords LLP‘s skillset is broad; it acts for clients such as house builders, registered providers, contractors and investors, among others, in a wide range of real estate matters. The team, which offers ‘sound commercial advice’, is regularly active in projects, developments and urban regeneration. Practice head Kate Topp is experienced in sales and purchases of properties. Tim Heal advises on the development of residential and commercial property. Emma Warren is another key contact.
- Social housing - South West > Real estate
- Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Professional negligence