- Private individual: Acting for the wife in a complicated divorce and financial remedy case with assets valued in the region of £5 million involving two companies with complicated share structures. Securing 50% of the assets for the wife.
- Private individual: Acting for the husband who was a successful professional in an acrimonious case involving foreign property, with proceedings taking place in the central family court. Litigating the matter and securing a minimal maintenance award on behalf of the husband.
- Private individual: Acting for a husband on a high net worth case which involved trans-generational inherited wealth. Commencing proceedings but negotiating and settling the matter in favour of the husband.
- Private individual: Representing a farmer throughout financial remedy proceedings involving a farm and business. Retaining the farm for the client with a lump sum payment to the wife.
- Private individual: Acting on behalf of a party in a case where the assets are valued in the region of £1.5 million, but one of the parties is alleging financial conduct and bigamy. Defending the allegations and securing a fair capital division.
Zoe Porter > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner and Head of the Family Team.
Zoe specialises in divorce and financial matters arising from a relationship breakdown, typically assisting high net worth clients with businesses, pensions, inherited wealth and complicated financial arrangements. Aside from divorcing couples, she also advises in wealth protection by way of prenuptial contracts, and advises and represents unmarried couples in relation to their potential claims, including any claims under the Children Act.
Viewed by her peers as a ‘formidable opponent’, Zoe is a firm favourite for clients looking to secure a good deal.
Zoe is a panel member for resolution (financial provision and cohabitee claims) and a trained collaborative lawyer.
Ashfords LLP has expertise in international child relocation, asset protection and financial remedy proceedings. The team is led by the ‘pragmatic and practical‘ Zoe Porter; she regularly advises high net worth clients with issues concerning financial arrangements. The ‘professional and compassionate‘ Samantha Newton has specialist expertise in internal and international children relocation cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence