Angus Bauer > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate & Tax
Angus advises public sector, private sector, listed companies, private companies and selling shareholders. Angus also specialises in complex group re-organisations, EIS, SEIS and cross-border tax issues. He provides strong tax support to the large and expanding Corporate Team.
As well as the above he advises on VAT, stamp duty and stamp duty land tax and employment related securities legislation.
- Cattran Trading Limited: Advising the client and obtaining income tax, corporation tax and capital gains tax clearances to demerge its assets to different family members on a tax neutral basis involving a demerger by way of capital reduction.
- HybridCluster: Advising in relation to a reorganisation of HybridCluster being acquired by a Delaware incorporated company, applying for income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and EIS clearances to ensure the continuance of shareholders’ EIS relief.
- Housing association: Advising on the VAT and SDLT issues on the acquisition of land under a purchase/build agreement for a large housing development.
- Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust: Advising the trust on employment related tax issues.
- Covea SGAM: Negotiating Tax Deed and Tax Warranties on behalf of Covea SGAM on the acquisition of Provident Insurance plc, providing tax advice on post transactional business integration to preserve corporation tax losses.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The corporate tax team at Ashfords LLP is continuing to develop a reputation for advising on the tax aspects of reorganisations, including demergers. The group is also regularly instructed on M&A deals, where it acts for both buy and sell-side clients, as well as providing tax advice relating to the establishment of investment funds. Angus Bauer leads the team from the firm’s Exeter office, with Nicola Manclark another name to note; Manclark’s expertise includes advising on corporate and real estate transactions as well as on employee incentive plans.
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate tax - South West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence