Charles Pallot > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Charles is a Partner in the Employment Team. Charles is very experienced in helping clients deal with all aspects of the employment relationship, and also in the application of TUPE to all types of transaction in the private and public sectors. Charles has been qualified for 27 years.
Charles works with a wide range of clients, including international software and manufacturing companies, investment houses, utility companies and local authorities, on all kinds of employment and HR issues. He has a specific expertise in dealing with TUPE issues on service outsourcing and business sales, the preparation of Service Agreements for Directors and senior employees, collective consultation processes on redundancy, and exit packages and Settlement Agreements.
Charles is particularly proud of the strong relationships he has built with many clients, some of which have now lasted for over 20 years. Clients say: “He has very strong relationship-building skills and is proactive in terms of client needs and thinking forward“.
Charles is recognised as a leading figure in the employment field by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, where he is praised for his “pragmatic approach to business” and his ability to “jargon-bust the law, putting it in layman’s terms and translating it into a context that [clients] can understand.”
- Schlumberger Group: Advising the client on all UK employment issues arising on various international acquisitions, including the preparation of Due Diligence Reports and Disclosure Letters, the drafting and negotiation of non-compete and employment clauses, and employment and pensions warranties in Sale and Purchase Agreements.
- Patron Capital: Advising on various employment aspects of the disposal by major Private Equity Fund of its entire investment in a national luxury care homes business, including termination and retention packages of key employees and consultants.
- Viridor Waste Management Limited: Advising on the preparation and implementation of a collective redundancy programme following the termination of a Services Contract, including advice on legal process and the preparation of communications to staff and instructions to managers.
- CORMAC: Advising on all TUPE and LGPS issues in a joint venture programme relating to the provision of highway services to Nottinghamshire County Council, including redrafting all relevant sections of the Services Contract to ensure that they were fit for purpose and met the needs of the client and the project as a whole.
Mylan: Advising the international pharmaceutical company on a wide variety of employment issues, including:
all UK TUPE and collective consultation aspects of the outsourcing of its logistics arrangements (warehouse and delivery services) to an external new provider, operating a significant distance from the client’s current facilities, including advice on the TUPE and collective redundancy consultation processes, and drafting, negotiating and agreeing TUPE entry and exit provisions in the Services Contract; and
the standardisation of its UK recruitment process, and contractual documentation.
The practice at Ashfords LLP is well-regarded for its defence of whistleblowing and discrimination cases, as well as claims pertaining to the National Minimum Wage and restrictive covenants. The sizeable team often represents clients before the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Employment Tribunal. Its commercial expertise assists the handling of TUPE matters and LGPS issues. The employment practice is led from Bristol by Stephen Moore; Charles Pallot leads the Exeter team.
‘The team just work exceptionally well’, remarks a client about the public sector team at Ashfords LLP, which is based in Exeter and Bristol, and covers the whole gamut of local government issues. Practice head Lucy Woods supports clients throughout the full lifecycle of public sector projects, while Jessica Taylor is well versed in advising on construction and engineering law. Also central to the team are employment specialist Charles Pallot and property litigator Sian Gibbon. Robin De Wreede combines real estate expertise with knowledge of public sector matters, including regeneration and development projects, as well as acquisition and disposal.
- Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Employment
- Local government - South West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence