Lucy Woods > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Business; Public Sector
Partner in the Public Sector team
Lucy is a Partner in the Public Sector Team specialising in public sector projects and procurement.
She advises government departments, local authorities, public bodies and private contractors. She works with clients from the outset of structuring a project until project completion and beyond. Lucy also specialises in providing specific advice on the procurement rules, commercial drafting, commercial negotiations, vires and State aid. Lucy regularly provides training to clients on the European procurement rules and relevant EU case law.
Since the initial roll-out of superfast broadband in the UK Lucy has been heavily involved in BDUK funded broadband projects for several local authorities. Lucy acts for several of the London Borough Housing Delivery Vehicles.
Lucy has been in legal practice for over 14 years. Prior to studying law, Lucy worked as an Assistant Clinical Psychologist at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
- Homes for Lambeth: Ashfords is the sole legal advisor to the HFL Group, which is wholly owned by the London Borough of Lambeth and is delivering new homes across its estates and on privately-owned estates.
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: Advising the Borough on its £253 million procurement of a consultancy and construction framework for its housing management capital investment programme as well as advising the Borough on the Edenham Way Regeneration Project.
- Brick by Brick Limited: Advising this Housing Delivery Vehicle, which is wholly owned by the London Borough of Croydon, in relation to procurement and contractual matters.
- London Borough of Newham: Advising the Borough on its corporate outsourcing programme.
- Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council: Advising the Councils on third stage of the Fastershire superfast and ultrafast broadband roll-out, Lucy has been advising on this project since the original pilot scheme in 2011.
- London Borough of Lambeth: Advising the Borough across all stages of several outsourcings including the outsourcing of its Revenue, Benefits and Customer Services and the outsourcing of its Facilities Management Services.
- Post Office Limited: Advising the Post Office on its £350 million ATM procurement.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The competition team at Ashfords LLP specialises in advising clients on state aid and subsidy control issues, with a focus on matters related to EU and UK government funds such as the Future High Streets Fund, the Levelling Up Fund, the European Regional Development Fund and the Port Infrastructure Fund. The team provides assistance to local governments both on making and applying for grants, and also advises private sector clients on grant applications. Public procurement is another area of strength for the practice. Lucy Woods leads the team and has a particular focus on the public sector, with associate Ruth Yates also experienced in this area; the pair ‘work as a cohesive team with excellent results’.
The public sector team at Ashfords LLP features a wide range of specialists in employment, construction and infrastructure, planning, real estate, procurement and dispute resolution. Over recent years, the team has been busy assisting clients with their legal and financial obligations relating to the pandemic, and the subsequent lockdown and social distancing restrictions. Team leader Lucy Woods has extensive experience in procurement and local government matters, while Bristol-based Paul Butterworth focuses on major real estate regeneration and development projects. Robin De Wreede has recently joined from Davitt Jones Bould, bringing with him an expertise in handling real estate projects for public sector clients.
- Next Generation Partners - South West > Public sector > Local government
- EU and competition - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Next Generation Partners - South West > Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence