Sian Gibbon > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Sian is a Partner and Head of the Property Litigation Team. Sian has extensive experience dealing with a wide range of property disputes.
Sian and the team handle disputes based on the construction of contracts, landlord and tenant issues such as exercising options to break, dilapidations claims and claims in insolvency, property related negligence matters, recovery work for social housing clients and commercial lenders, housing management, long leasehold work, statutory challenges and judicial review claims and real property issues such as party wall claims, right of light and easement proceedings.
As property litigation covers a real variety of work the cases the team work on are invariably interesting and provide the opportunity to work with clients to achieve their commercial goals. Market conditions in recent years have been challenging for both the private and public sector and the team makes sure that it constantly adapts to ensure that its input adds value for the client. The team members work very closely with Ashfords Real Estate Team and their clients and as the Property Litigation Team is a large team with very experienced staff it has the capacity and capability to handle any litigation issues that are encountered.
- National developers: Acting for a number of developers in connection with overage, option and land issues arising.
- Family property company: Acting for the company with a wide and varied commercial property portfolio issues arising, including regaining possession by forfeiture, opposed consent/licence applications, recovery of rents and enforcement of covenants.
- Private individuals and national developer: Acting jointly for private individuals and a national developer in opposing a statutory challenge brought by local protester group (Court of Appeal determination).
- Developer and private individuals: Acting jointly for a developer and private individuals in statutory challenge proceedings relating to the planning decision concerning a site in Wiltshire.
- Water utility company: Acting for the company in connection with contentious property claims including advice on options, enfranchisement, claims for damage brought against it.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Ashfords LLP is known to provide ‘consistently good and thorough advice‘ in housing matters. Its impressive client list includes registered providers and local authorities; together with their London team, the group is also active for several of the capital’s boroughs. It covers the full gamut of work with notable expertise in development work, in which Paul Butterworth has a strong track record, This in addition to housing litigation and tenancy management matters, for which Sian Gibbon is highlighted. Together with Tim Heal, they lead the practice. Associate Isabelle Clement has expertise in advising on regeneration schemes.
Ashfords LLP handles a range of property disputes, with a ‘strong and genuine specialisation in this area.’ The team acts for landowners, landlords and tenants, and is led by Sian Gibbon, who is particularly well versed in advising public sector clients. It has experience in commercial landlord and tenant cases, dilapidations, and commercial lease disputes. Other noted practitioners are Rob Nicholson, James Hemsley, and associate Marjorie Batten. Warren Reid joined from Thrings LLP in May 2020.
- Leading individuals - South West > Real estate > Social housing
- Leading individuals - South West > Real estate > Property litigation
- Social housing - South West > Real estate
- Property litigation - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Professional negligence