Robin De Wreede > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Robin De Wreede
Robin is a partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in working for the Public Sector.
Robin advises a diverse range of public and private sector clients in connection with a wide range of Real Estate matters, including regeneration and development projects, acquisition and disposal and landlord and tenant matters. He has advised on major infrastructure and town centre regeneration and development projects for local government and their development partners. Having worked in house as a solicitor in Local Government, Robin has a sound grasp of the particular issues faced in connection with Public Sector Real Estate projects.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Robin was a Partner at Davitt Jones Bould, where he acted for clients including The Royal Parks, DEFRA and the Environment Agency among others.
Robin is recognised as a leading figure in both the Real Estate and Planning field by both the Legal 500 and Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is praised for being “a creative and collaborative lawyer” and “very pragmatic, good at getting you where you need to be”.
- Woking Borough Council: Leading this large scale regeneration project to deliver the mixed use redevelopment of over 1,000 dwellings, leisure facilities and other uses. The legal work included advising on the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers, and the negotiated acquisition of multiple properties.
- The Royal Parks: Advising The Royal Parks on the installation of the London Cycle Superhighway within London’s Royal Parks. Advice included construction licences and commercial contracts in association with this large scale infrastructure project. Also advising The Royal Parks on contractual relationship with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- City and County of Swansea Council: in connection with a JV between the Council and Welsh Assembly Government, Robin drafted and negotiated the first leasehold disposal on a former industrial site along the M4 to a major national distribution company. The advice included EU procurement rules, development obligations and a wide range of Landlord and Tenant issues.
- Exeter Science Park Limited: A diverse range of Real Estate advice and commercial transactions in association with the expansion and development of Exeter Science Park. Projects have involved public sector and private sector partnerships and advice has included site acquisition and disposal, commercial tenancies, infrastructure development and elements of Real Estate financing.
- Chichester Borough Council: Advice in connection with the promotion of Tangmere, a strategic housing site for circa 1300 dwellings. Robin advised in connection with a development agreement and the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Leading a team of lawyers on the PRIME project, a mass lease renewal project relating to thousands of leases across the UK. Robin managed a team of lawyers working on this project to deliver lease renewals on Job Centres and other sites occupied by DWP.
Residential development, energy and waste, and social housing are three of the key sectors for Ashfords LLP South West real estate practice with offices in Exeter and Bristol. The firm sports a highly specialised set of practitioners: Practice heads Tim Heal and Kate Topp provide expertise in large-scale residential-led development; Paul Butterworth focuses on housing and regeneration; energy and waste are handled by Emma Warren; and Andrew Worley covers the team’s franchising offering. Simon Bailey is a go-to contact for transactional matters, and was promoted to partner in September 2021 alongside health and charity sector expert Ben Tarrant. Robin De Wreede joined the firm at the beginning of 2021 from Davitt Jones Bould and brings to bear experience spanning regeneration and development projects, acquisition and disposals, and landlord and tenant matters.
‘The team just work exceptionally well’, remarks a client about the public sector team at Ashfords LLP, which is based in Exeter and Bristol, and covers the whole gamut of local government issues. Practice head Lucy Woods supports clients throughout the full lifecycle of public sector projects, while Jessica Taylor is well versed in advising on construction and engineering law. Also central to the team are employment specialist Charles Pallot and property litigator Sian Gibbon. Robin De Wreede combines real estate expertise with knowledge of public sector matters, including regeneration and development projects, as well as acquisition and disposal.
The public sector team at Ashfords LLP features a wide range of specialists in employment, construction and infrastructure, planning, real estate, procurement and dispute resolution. Over recent years, the team has been busy assisting clients with their legal and financial obligations relating to the pandemic, and the subsequent lockdown and social distancing restrictions. Team leader Lucy Woods has extensive experience in procurement and local government matters, while Bristol-based Paul Butterworth focuses on major real estate regeneration and development projects. Robin De Wreede has recently joined from Davitt Jones Bould, bringing with him an expertise in handling real estate projects for public sector clients.
- Leading individuals - South West > Public sector > Local government
- Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Real estate
- Local government - South West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence