Joanne Saye > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Joanne is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team, she has expertise in advising banking, commercial, agricultural, equestrian and public sector clients on all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Whilst Joanne has acted for a range of national and international organisations, she has spent her legal career specialising in dispute resolution in private practice in commercial law firms in Bristol, gaining a clear insight into the needs of Bristol and South West clients in particular.
Joanne is part of our Professional Negligence Team which specialises in advising banking clients on High Court claims against negligent solicitors and valuers. Before joining Ashfords, Joanne worked for a leading firm specialising in all types of litigation for major high street banks, including consumer credit and investments.
Joanne’s background in agriculture, having grown up on a dairy farm in Somerset, supports her regular advice to farming clients. Also an experienced horsewoman, Joanne also has an established equine litigation and bloodstock practice, providing knowledgeable advice to equestrian clients on a full range of disputes.
- Two well-known high-street clearing banks: Assisting with high value professional negligence claims in respect of agricultural, residential, development and commercial property.
- Public body: Advising on a multi-million pound, multi-party, flooding dispute including challenging arguments as to quantum.
- Farming business: Advising on a complex agri-chemicals dispute relating to breach of contract and crop failure.
- Racehorse owners: Advising on claims relating to equine veterinary negligence including aspects of technical expert evidence.
- Equestrian businesses: Advising buyers and sellers in respect of disputed horse sales including in relation to lameness, behavioural issues and non-payment.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Ashfords LLP stands out for its expertise in the horseracing sector, where it offers comprehensive advice to a range of clients on contentious and non-contentious matters. The team’s disputes work includes frequently representing jockeys in appealing decisions by racecourse stewards, and it also represents trainers and owners in litigation. Cases involving injuries to horses are another area of focus. Beyond horseracing, the practice provides input on employment disputes, sponsorship deals and the development of sport facilities for clients involved in golf, football and cricket. Practice head Rory Mac Neice is a former jockey with deep experience in horseracing, while Andrew Braithwaite handles commercial agreements involving sports clients. Associate Joanne Saye is also a specialist in horseracing matters.
Ashfords LLP ‘gives a real feeling of confidence’ to a variety of regional, national and international clients spanning the technology, retail, professional services, sport and financial services sectors; the group also acts in regulatory and risk-related litigation. Rory Mac Neice leads the team and excels in the technology and financial spaces, while Ben Derrington leads the firm’s risk team, which is active in the construction, waste, food and manufacturing sectors, and handles regulatory disputes. Ian Manners joined the team from DAC Beachcroft LLP in late 2021, and Joanne Saye is the key name at associate level.
- Rising stars - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Commercial litigation: Bristol - South West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence