Suzie Miles > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Suzie has developed a breadth of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial/IT contracts including for bespoke software development, support and maintenance and the provision of software and hardware for a range of deployment models including, cloud, SaaS and on premise. Suzie advises on the entire sourcing cycle providing pragmatic advice from the early stages of deciding how to structure a transaction, deciding the strategy for purchasing within an existing IT estate or structuring a commercial model, right through to contract negotiations, implementation and post contractual changes.
- Sensus UK Systems Limited: Advising a leading technology solutions company in relation to its collaboration with Arqiva to put forward a solution under the competitive dialogue tender process for the Government’s smart metering implementation programme calling for the installation of smart meters in homes nationwide by 2019.
- Post Office Limited: Providing on-going advice on the separation of its software licences from a previous group company and setting up a new software licensing structure through the use of an outsourced service integrator and a SIAM operating model.
- Eltel Networks UK Limited: Advising on its subcontract with Huawei for the provision of services to Virgin Media to connect approximately 4 million UK homes and businesses to broadband speeds of 152Mb, at least twice the speeds available from competitors. The roll out by Virgin Media constituted the single largest investment in broadband digital infrastructure in the country for more than a decade.
- Form3: Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for Form3, who offer cloud based integrated banking and universal payments solutions, with their partner third parties such as Arkea Banking Services, to provide an integrated financial services infrastructure. Form3 offers the first public cloud deployment of a fully functioned end to end payments solution incorporating a payment engine which already provides solutions to 4 of world’s 6 largest transaction banks.
- Dynmark: Advising a company providing mobile intelligence and marketing platforms on the sale of its cloud messaging and portal tools and services both directly to customers and to clients for re-sale purposes, including advising on Intellectual Property Rights and use of the data collected from end users.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Ashfords LLP stands out for its work advising fast-growing technology companies on investment rounds, transactions and commercial agreements. The practice has particular specialisms in the fintech and digital health sectors; it is also increasingly active in the energy space. Elsewhere, the team is instructed by prominent public and private sector clients to handle technology outsourcing agreements. Chris Dyson leads the team and is recognised for his expertise in technology transactions, with Jocelyn Ormond also adept at handling deals involving private equity and venture capital funds. Suzie Miles is the key name to note in IT outsourcing.
Ashfords LLP‘s Bristol office is known for advising venture capital funds and startups on investments, with a particular focus on the healthcare and technology sectors; where it is also active in M&A and commercial transactions, as well as associated areas such as fintech and healthtech. Chris Dyson leads the practice’s VC work and specialises in technology transactions, while Jocelyn Ormond handles deals involving healthcare and financial services. Rory Suggett is another name to note on corporate deals, while Suzie Miles is the key name on commercial transactions, with a practice which includes advising on outsourcing and distribution agreements.
- IT and telecoms - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Next Generation Partners - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial: Bristol - South West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence