- Ontology Partners Limited: Advising on the sale of Ontology Partners Limited to Exfo Inc., a Canadian based listed company.
- Perwyn: Advising Perwyn, a private equity fund, on its acquisition of video games developer Sumo Digital Holdings Limited.
- Comapi group: Advising on the sale of the Comapi Group to Dotdigital Group plc .
- Moortec Semiconductor Limited: Advising on an investment from Altitude Partners.
- Crowdcube: Assisting Crowdcube, a leading crowd funding platform, on its £5 million fund raising lead by Balderton.
Andrew Betteridge > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Partner and Head of the Corporate and Commercial Teams.
Andrew is an experienced corporate Partner and has been a member of the Board for 10 years. Andrew is nationally regarded for his work with venture capital funds and working with growth businesses in their development, including fundraising and strategic plans.
Andrew has built long term relationships with clients as a trusted adviser and helped develop the team to one of the most active and experienced in the UK, with independent research organisations Experience, Market IQ and Pitchbook all recognising the team as one of the most active and experienced in the UK. Andrew is also ranked in Chambers as a leading individual in his field.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Ashfords LLP advises on the full gamut of corporate and commercial transactions from its office in Exeter, with the team’s partners offering a range of specialisms. Andrew Betteridge leads on corporate matters, and alongside Andy Young often acts on investments and M&A deals in sectors including technology, utilities and energy. In addition to the scale of the transactions it is involved in, the practice also stands out for its work for public companies. Brian Farrell and Plymouth-based Tom Phipps are key names to note on commercial matters, with expertise spanning joint ventures, distribution agreements and the commercialisation of IP. Louise Workman serves as CEO of the firm and is also highly experienced in the corporate space.
Led from Bristol by Chris Dyson and the ‘calm and strategic’ Rory Suggett, Ashfords LLP has a strong reputation among funds, as well as a growing roster of tech sector investees, particularly as it relates to early-stage financings. The team was also recently enhanced by the arrival of several lawyers with in-house fund-side expertise, including London-based Kim Hawkins who joined in February 2021 from now defunct impact EIS fund Earthworm VC. Praised for its market knowledge, gleaned from many years’ experience advising on transactions in the sector, the firm knows ‘where market standard is at any one time’, and is thereby well-positioned to provide the most appropriate advice dependent on where the company seeking investment is within its growth journey. Head of the firm’s corporate department and business services division, Andrew Betteridge also has significant venture capital expertise, as does Jocelyn Ormond, who has a particular niche advising companies and investors in the digital health/life sciences sector.
- Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence