Stephen Moore > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Partner and Head of the award-winning Employment Team specialising in all aspects of employment law.
Stephen acts for companies based in the UK, Europe, Australia and the USA in sector specifics including technology, financial services, manufacturing and retail. He provides commercial and employment advice on all aspects of employment law, from the beginning of the employment relationship through to the end of the employment relationship and post termination. He is often appointed by companies to assist with strategic business decisions.
Stephen also acts for senior executives and TV & radio presenters in public and in high profile matters. He is often involved in successfully resolving boardroom issues and disputes.
Stephen has a great deal of experience in employment related anti-competition injunction claims in the High Court and in particular the successful enforcement of and defence of restrictive covenant actions. He is regularly instructed to advise on team moves. He is as familiar in the Employment Tribunal as he is in the High Court.
He also deals with industrial relation and multi-jurisdiction employment law matters and in particular issues surrounding TUPE and employee status.
Stephen also acted in one of the most high profile whistleblowing cases which ran for several years and resulted in an award in excess of £1.2 million.
Stephen heads the Ashfords Employment Team, which recently won “Employment Team of the Year” at The Lawyer Awards 2016.
Stephen is often invited to speak on radio to share his views and has contributed to Radio 5, Radio 2 (Jeremy Vine), LBC and BBC Birmingham.
Stephen holds membership in the Employment Lawyers Association, International Bar Association and the New York Bar Association.
Stephen has been recognised in Chambers and Legal 500, and is also a previous Times Lawyer of the Week.
Ashfords LLP has a full service practice, with expertise in employment litigation, the management of redundancies and restructures, HR support and disputes pertaining to restrictive covenants. Stephen Moore heads the employment practice. Jenny Marley has sector expertise in hospitality and healthcare. Solicitor Georgina Burrows joined the practice in September 2021.
The practice at Ashfords LLP is well-regarded for its defence of whistleblowing and discrimination cases, as well as claims pertaining to the National Minimum Wage and restrictive covenants. The sizeable team often represents clients before the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Employment Tribunal. Its commercial expertise assists the handling of TUPE matters and LGPS issues. The employment practice is led from Bristol by Stephen Moore; Charles Pallot leads the Exeter team.
- Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Employment
- Employment: Bristol - South West > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence